Director of Paid Media – RUNNER Agency – RemoteFull Time
$85,000 – $100,000 a year
- Google Ads: 5 years (Required)
- US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
RUNNER is looking for an advertising rockstar to take the reins of our paid media group.
You’ll be responsible for guiding a team of media strategists to improve the performance of our paid advertising services, and grow our revenue through the success of our client campaigns.
You will be a critical part of our long-term vision to grow RUNNER into the leading digital marketing agency for medical practices and B2B healthcare.
- Team Leadership & Growth: Directly manage the professional and personal growth of a team of paid media strategists. Oversee resource allocations and capacity – tracking client allocations, utilization and pacing. Screen, interview and recommend new candidates as you build out your media strategy team.
- Client Retention Through Results: Be results-obsessed, thinking every day what you can do to generate more client leads. Serve as the primary media point of contact for clients.
- Campaign Setup: Design and execute digital ad buys across multiple paid media channels, including paid search, social and programmatic. Ensure campaigns stay in line with agreed upon budgets. Set up tracking for ad campaigns across multiple channels. Ensure implementation is correct prior to campaign launches.
- Optimization: Check in on campaign performance daily, acting on campaign issues quickly and optimize ad campaigns on a regular, frequent cadence as required. Anticipate problems. Solve them with creative solutions by taking swift action. Keep a close eye on both ad performance and established KPIs – including evaluating the quality of ad traffic by listing to call recordings.
- Reporting: Set up and provide reporting on performance of media campaigns and communicate results to clients, including insights on what worked, what didn’t and recommendations for improvement.
- Client Growth: Cultivate strategic relationships with clients to retain and grow paid media business. Grow media spend and retainers through exceeding performance goals and taking advantage of opportunities.
- Internal Leadership Collaboration: Collaborate with Digital Strategy Directors on staffing, agency services, protocol for team roles and responsibilities and more.
- Agency Innovation: Understand changes to the marketplace and industry, adjusting paid media strategy and best practices accordingly. Stay on top of the latest digital advertising trends, industry conversation and platform changes to bring best-in-class media thinking to our clients.
- Evolution of the Paid Media Discipline: Improve on existing approaches to paid advertising. Work with senior leadership on the creation of new processes, service lines and standard operating procedures. Develop performance media strategies that lead to repeatable growth for new and existing clients.
- Thought Leadership: Actively contribute to agency thought leadership that showcases our strategic approach to paid advertising, including writing regular blog posts.
- Training: Develop and deliver training for paid media strategists to onboard and develop their skills.
The Director of Paid Media reports to the Chief Strategy Officer.
- 5+ years minimum of hands-on experience running Google Search Ads & Facebook ads, as well as some experience with Linkedin ads. Experience with other platforms is a plus.
- Previous experience managing a team.
- Strong aptitude for analyzing and presenting marketing campaign reporting, especially as it relates to lead generation campaigns.
- Experience with lead generation tracking for media, especially phone tracking and lead form tracking/attribution through CRM platforms.
- Strong client communication – the ability to build trust and buy-in around media strategy, spending and performance.
- Ability to collaborate with other Directors and team members from other disciplines.
- Conversion rate optimization experience.
RUNNER Agency, based in Dallas but with a completely remote team, is an award-winning digital marketing agency focused on driving growth and business outcomes for medical practice and B2B Healthcare brands.
RUNNER has driven thousands of leads and millions in revenue through a full set of digital marketing capabilities that includes messaging, paid media, website design, SEO, content and more. RUNNER Agency is a Google Premier partner and named a top Dallas digital marketing agency by both Agency List and Clutch.
RUNNER offers extremely competitive benefits, including work-from-anywhere and an unlimited PTO policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Monday to Friday
- Will you now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H-1B visa status)?
- Google Ads: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote