***This role is based at one of our corporate offices in McLean, VA, or Dallas, TX***
This is your chance to be part of a Marketing team that attracts customers to Hilton through strong storytelling, top-rated rewards, and unique customer experiences and partnerships. As a Director, Global SEO you will support the team in increasing customer acquisition and retention, generate engagement through multi-channel marketing campaigns, and foster recognition of loyalty benefits. On the Global SEO team reporting to Vice President, Global Media, you will work on projects including setting overall SEO strategy for Hilton’s global website, leading the team and agency partners to execute organic search strategies across the portfolio to achieve customer acquisition goals and evangelize SEO standard methodologies internally across the global organization.
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to programs and benefits such as:
- Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel with room rates as low as $40/night
- Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) – you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount
- Paid parental leave for eligible Team Members, including partners and adoptive parents
- Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Learn more about the rest of our benefits
At Hilton, we believe every Team Member is a leader. We are committed to offering leadership development opportunities through every step of a Team Member’s career journey and at every level, both in our hotels and across corporate. Hilton’s leadership development framework focuses on developing skills and business insight through a range of programs and approaches to meet varying learning needs and preferences.
**Available benefits may vary depending upon terms and conditions of employment and are subject to the terms and conditions of the plans.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
Your role is important and below are some of the fundamental job duties that make your work unique.
What your day-to-day will be like:
- Lead the overall strategy, vision, and voice for Hilton SEO, including owning all aspects of the SEO practice – budget management, agencies/vendor relationships, hiring, reporting performance and technical investments.
- Build a best-in-class Global SEO practice across our web properties for all regions including long range plan development, while working against that plan annually
- Lead, develop, and inspire the SEO team, agency, and its partners to deliver industry-leading SEO practices for a complex multi-brand global website.
- Monitor industry activities, competitive trends – both inside and outside of the travel category – and develop competitive benchmarking analyses.
- Review monthly program performance reports, analyze, and communicate results to appropriate stakeholders; make recommendations for key areas of improvement.
How you will collaborate with others:
- Work with content, marketing, and product teams to provide SEO recommendations to deliver content that satisfies customer demand and experience.
What projects you will take ownership of:
- Expand the local listings program that distributes our hotel properties’ information to online directories to drive revenue, grow brand awareness and improve the customer experience.
- Manage technical SEO to identify ongoing risks and opportunities that can impact SERP rankings as well as organic traffic.
- Develop & story tell the connection between paid media channels and SEO performance via analytics.
WHY YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT
You have these minimum qualifications:
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Eight (8) years of work experience in Search Engine Optimization
- Proven experience in improving organic search performance for a large, global website
- Proficient in analyzing SERP (search engine result page), media and site performance data (i.e. financial, statistical and/or performance)
- Managed and mentored team members to success
- Travel up to 25%
It would be useful if you have:
- Experience with social media, PPC, email, marketing automation and other digital marketing fields
- International SEO experience
- Proficient experience working with a wide set of SEO-related tools and web analytics platforms such as Adobe and Google Analytics
WHAT IT IS LIKE WORKING FOR HILTON
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more-than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
It is the policy of Hilton to employ qualified persons without regard to color, race, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medication conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, status as a protected veteran, disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, or any other protected group status as defined by and subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. Hilton’s commitment to equal employment opportunity supports the attraction and retention of a diverse workforce that will enhance our effectiveness in attracting Team Members, customers, corporate partners, and owners.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position and provide other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us if you require an accommodation during the application process.