GEORGE BUCKLAND: Communications OfficerFull Time
About the Employer :
This not-for-profit healthcare organisation sets the gold standard for the collection, analysis, and publication of healthcare data. By making information freely available to patients the organisation plays a crucial role in helping patients make decisions about their treatment plans.The organisation also works with a wide range of healthcare stakeholders in order to provide access to valuable clinical data that supports healthcare policy decisions, which in turn leads to improved health outcomes for patients.
As Communications Officer your responsibilities include :
- Leading on the planning and delivery of digital communications campaigns in order to drive traffic to the organisation’s patient facing website
- Using campaign analytics in order to identify opportunities for content which will assist patients when visiting the organisation’s website
- Writing, commissioning, and editing of content, including commissioning content from healthcare writers, as well as creating video content
- Managing the organisation’s social media platforms to include monitoring of social media KPIs in order to measure success of campaigns
- Supporting the organisation with digital communications that engages healthcare professionals and healthcare policy stakeholders
- End to end management of newsletters and email campaigns
- Supporting the senior management team by helping to shape and produce their presentations and conference materials
Salary & Benefits – Communications Officer
- The salary range is £35,000 to £38,000 dependent on experience
- Up to 8% employer matched pension contribution
- 25 days paid annual leave as well as additional annual leave at Christmas
- Health & Life Insurance benefits
- Training & Development allowance for external training or education
Hybrid Working :
As Communications Officer you’ll work alongside the Communications Manager in a hybrid-working pattern of 2-3 days a week in the office and 2-3 days a week work from home however if you prefer to work more than 2 days a week in the office you are welcome to do so. The office is based in the West End, Central London in a beautiful quiet street tucked away a few minutes walk from Oxford Circus tube station. You can also enjoy a bit of down-time or have a catch-up with a colleague in the on-site subsidised cafe.
Candidate Criteria – Communications Officer
- Experience of running digital communication campaigns, including Social Media Campaigns, Paid and SEO content campaigns, aimed at B2C (consumer) audiences.
- Some experience of working in a communications role at a healthcare organisation, consumer information body, or other not-for-profit organisation is preferred
- Good understanding of how to set & track campaign analytics and experience of utilizing the campaign analytics to guide your Communications Officer responsibilities
- Good ability to write content for use across online platforms, including some experience of creating video content
With increasing numbers of patients taking control of their treatment plans you will find that this is a highly rewarding communications job because by raising the profile of this organisation and driving traffic to the organisation’s website you are helping patients, navigate the wide range of treatment options available.