$60,000 a year
Full Job Description
As the Marketing Content Developer and Copywriter, you’ll support the University’s mission to liberate the innate greatness in people.
- Creates compelling and motivating copy and content for outbound email and text message marketing campaigns to students and alumni of the university while coordinating with various departments and Program Directors.
- Develops copy for website pages and various landing pages, including headings, subheadings, page flow and on-page user journey, and calls-to-action.
- Coordinates efforts with our Web Developer and Web Designer to edit new landing page templates.
- Works with our Article Writer to edit and publish SEO articles.
- Research new SEO article topics and keywords.
- Works with our Social Media Specialist to edit social media posts.
- Writes copy for program-specific marketing collateral and other brand assets as needed while proofing and editing all graphic design projects.
- Oversees the University’s Content Calendar and Newsroom posts.
- Writes additional Newsroom posts (including announcements, press releases, events, and other newsworthy articles as needed).
- Edits and publishes graduate success stories and employee spotlight articles.
- Oversees the University’s external review strategy and backlinking strategy.
- Produces various reports weekly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, English, Journalism, Communications or similar field.
- 3+ years experienced copywriter with direct response writing, long- and short-form article/blog writing and editing background.
- Experience with WordPress preferred.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make and adapt to change quickly.
- Experience working with various other personalities in a team environment.
- Desire to contribute to the University’s mission and influence others through a positive attitude.
- A desire to continuously learn and develop skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a collaborative environment.
As a nationally accredited university, we know that online learning is the best option for our students who are looking to transform their lives. We offer career-focused degree programs that empower BU grads with the knowledge and practical skills that lead directly to professional careers.
BU has been recognized as one of the Top Companies to Work for in Arizona for the past 6 years in a row. We offer a robust benefits package that includes:
Health Coverage, including: Medical, Health Savings Account, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability Options, and company-paid Life Insurance
Award-winning Wellness Program with incentives
Retirement plan with company match
Paid Time Off, Paid Volunteer Time Off, and 10 Paid holidays
Tuition Benefit Program
Work From Home
Salary: $60,000 annually