Content Marketing, Global Director – Ask Locala – RemoteFull Time
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $68.7K – $87.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Remote.
Full Job Description
Ask Locala – The Drive-to-Store Platform – is the first and only advertising technology to connect brands to consumers by bridging the gap between digital advertising and the real world. Ask Locala created a unified technology for marketers to manage, measure, and optimize incremental visits in real-time to online and physical stores. Ask Locala is committed to transparency and full autonomy for its clients and relies on data obtained only with the user’s explicit consent. Founded in 2011 by mobile marketing pioneers, Ask Locala has 180+ employees and services more than 600 advertisers worldwide. The company has ten offices in the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. We are seeking motivated and hardworking individuals to join our fun-loving team!
The Director of Content Marketing oversees all marketing content creation, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and positive customer behavior. This individual is an expert in all things related to content creation and optimization, brand consistency, segmentation, verticalization, and meaningful measurement.
Ultimately, the job of the Director of Content Marketing is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business.
- Mapping out a content development strategy that supports the global marketing strategy, both short- and long-term. Content must be internationally scalable and locally impactful.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the company verticals, and planning, developing and delivering superior content that grows the business throughout the customer life cycle.
- Work hand in hand with the Director of Marketing Operations to analyze performance metrics in order to gauge content effectiveness.
- Developing standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, evaluation, maintenance, content retrieval, and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content, including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Leveraging consumer data insights to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establishing workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with the technical team to implement appropriate CMS.
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or related communications field. An MBA in marketing is a plus.
- B2B experience is a must.
- Adtech experience and/or Agency/Brand penetration experience is a strong plus.
- 5-15 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation (B2B marketing, etc.).
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target verticals.
- SaaS experience is a strong plus.
- Enterprise experience is a strong plus.
- Crisis communications experience is a plus.
- Multilingual abilities (specifically Spanish and French) are a major plus.
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus.
- Sales pitch development mastery is a must.
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data).
- Excellent negotiator and mediator with incredible people skills.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.), and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, etc.) is a plus.
- A willingness to embrace change and adapt strategies on the fly is an absolute must!
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, PowerPoint).
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations, and version control.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools, and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to screen out sales pitches and look for the relevant brand and customer story.
At Ask Locala, we are committed to diverse and inclusive hiring and to promoting equal opportunities throughout our processes and beyond. Our offers are open to everyone, regardless of origin, gender, religion, disability, etc. Do not hesitate to apply!