Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $106K – $134K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Remote.
Director of Brand Marketing
Benefits • Product Discounts • Remote Eligible
Here at Swanson, we understand family comes first and we strive to honor that belief by offering our full-time employees paid time off, floating holidays, and sick days.
Join Swanson in our mission to work together to help people live healthier lives!
The primary function of this position is to be the owner of the Swanson brand and sub-brands and is responsible for all aspects of brand marketing. Define the brand architecture and voice and work across teams to consistently bring those elements to life. As a steward of the Swanson brand this includes oversight of all Swanson visual identity elements and messaging; as well as the ongoing evolution as internal and external dynamics shift. Being the ultimate Swanson advocate who rallies and unifies the broader organization around a set of brand attributes, messages, and ideals.
- Oversees all creative operations including briefs, concepting, production, compliance approval, and adherence to a unified set of visual and copy standards
- Responsible for highly-effective, revenue-generating direct response creative; constantly working to improve direct to consumer ecommerce performance
- Responsible for the brand architecture, creative standards, reasons to believe, and core positioning elements; ensures these are communicated clearly throughout the organization and current brand artifacts are readily available and easy to use
- Drives all multimedia content strategy and production, including alignment with SEO needs and topics that reinforce the brand
- Defines the social media strategy and oversees posting plan, moderation, and other community engagement efforts
- Responsible for earned media strategy and execution, including maintaining and growing relationships with key influencers
- Serves as the primary spokesperson for the company through public relations and media interviews; engages other experts across the organization as topics warrant
- Drives brand awareness by planning and executing integrated, cross channel campaigns; conceives and implements differentiated brand engagement plans
- Owns proactive and reactive elements of public relations, including press releases, disaster response, opportunistic pitching, and media relations
- Supports product launch initiatives with positioning, messaging, and final creative; owns all packaging design and visuals
- Provides all brand elements, including boxes, signage, collateral, etc.
- Plans and executes all brand events
- Responsible for media planning, placement and tracking performance
- Manages external agencies and provides leadership and development to internal team members; scales freelance resources to sustain a high-functioning and cost-effective creative operation
- Mentors writers, designers and other brand representatives; represents the company in the community through personal outreach
- Supports corporate and executive speaking opportunities with content and activation
- Partners with cross functional teams to gain consensus on messaging, claims, processes and full-scale marketing initiatives
- Supports innovation pipeline with subject matter expertise and input on new products
- Helps identify partnership opportunities and provides supporting materials
- Supports other new initiatives as assigned or as opportunities arise.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Conducts self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of SHP.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks and organize large amounts of information
- Possess a wide degree of creativity
- Strong ability to collaborate with a team-first attitude
- Ability to interface with many departments in a professional manner
- Ability to think strategically and innovatively, analyze issues and use sound judgment
- Commitment to quality and focused on customer needs
- Must be deadline conscious
Manages subordinate supervisor(s) who supervise employee(s); is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business with 7-10 years eCommerce experience, Or; an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential responsibilities and duties of the job as listed above.
This position is remote eligible or can be located at our offices in Fargo, ND.
EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE
- Microsoft Office Products
- General office equipment