$55,000 – $75,000 a year
Full Job Description
Are you an ambitious SEO professional looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have a strong interest in mental health?
Choosing Therapy has an amazing opportunity to help run Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for a large and fast growing educational mental health website. We pride ourselves on the quality of content, which is written by licensed therapists and reviewed by MDs. Our articles are both easy to read, actionable, and medically accurate.
Over 800,000 unique visitors come to ChoosingTherapy.com from google organic search results per month! In addition to working on the main website, the SEO Manager will work on the Choosing Therapy Directory, where people can search for a mental health provider by specialty, insurance, and availability.
In a nutshell, the position involves:
- Managing a Team of Link Builders
- Technical SEO
- On-page SEO
- Keyword Research
We are looking for a candidate who has a minimum of 3 years of experience, and has hands-on knowledge in at least three of the areas mentioned above. The candidate should be very familiar with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and one of the major commercial keyword research tools.
In the position, you will have the opportunity to directly report to the firm’s co-founder and Chief Operating Officer. You will also interact with our technical SEO consultant and CTO. As the company grows, we expect the SEO team and the role to grow as well!
This is a remote, full time position. The salary is between $55,000 – $75,000 per year depending on experience.
The company offers paid time off. However, we do not offer healthcare or retirement benefits.
Below is a more detailed description of the job’s responsibilities.
- Manage Four-Person Link Building Team
- Devise & Test Strategies for Link Building
- Know “Google Search Console” Inside and Out
- Track Site Speed, Crawling, and Indexing Issues
- Work with Our Technical Team to Identify and Fix Issues
- Work with Our Technical Team to Implement SCHEMA on Pages
- Create List of Potential Articles Which Consider the Following:
- Search Intent (analysis of SERP results)
- Volume & Difficulty
- Competitor Research
- Work with Our Editorial Team to Insure Best Practices
- Manage Content Clustering / Internal Link Structure
- Run Optimization Experiments
- Regularly report and track on key metrics using Google Analytics AHREFs, MOZ, Semrush
- Investigate major swings in key metrics
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote