About this job
CarMax is looking for an SEO Manager to join our SEO team in our quest to once more revolutionize car buying and selling. You will work side-by-side with elite teams of web developers, designers and data analysts, defining and delivering SEO strategies to improve rankings for thousands of keywords. Your main responsibility will be to guiding and driving SEO teams on identifying, prioritizing designing and executing solutions for opportunities in crawling and indexation, internal linking structure, and content uniqueness and quality. You will also contribute with other SEO managers and strategists on multiple projects to grow and improve our helpful and engaging customer facing content, earn organic links, and large-scale, quick paced SEO testing.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Define and own the team’s process to identify and document SEO issues and opportunities
- Manage crawling jobs, analyze crawling and web log data to identify SEO optimization opportunities
- Lead strategists, Developers and Designers on defining executable solutions for optimization opportunities
- Collaborate with Product Managers on prioritizing and scheduling SEO optimizations execution
- Collaborate with Data Analysts on tracking and understanding the impact and learnings from our tech SEO optimizations, as well as sharing these results with our SEO community and stakeholders
- Join Business Analysts on continuously improving SEO performance tracking and reporting
- Act as a consultant to multiple Product teams on understanding the impact of their work on SEO
- Collaborate with other Managers and Strategists on defining new strategies and solutions for major SEO challenges and opportunities, in all areas of SEO
Purpose of the role
As an SEO Manager, you have a critical role within CarMax SEO team. You help to define strategy and dictate pace for a key channel of a Fortune 500 company, directly contributing with significant corporate revenue and sales growth. In your backpack you brought a high level of intellectual curiosity and a good amount of SEO experience, especially with large e-commerce websites. Digging through crawl data, web logs, and performing SEO audits to find technical and programmatic SEO opportunities is more than a task, it is your passion. Aware that you have the full support and resources of a powerful and innovative organization, and realizing you joined a team determined to write a whole new chapter of SEO industry history, you could not be more excited for the innovation and success that lies ahead.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of SEO experience
- 3 to 5 years of in-house SEO team experience with large e-comm consumer brands
- Proven experience with identifying SEO opportunities in large dynamic websites
- Proven experience in implementing SEO solutions that resulted in performance improvement
- Working with product managers and developers leads to maintain, size and prioritize an SEO backlog
- Experience with leading SEO groups to design solutions, prioritize, implement and track results of SEO optimizations required (SEO campaign management)
- Experience in communicating complex SEO ideas to audiences that do not have a deep technical SEO knowledge
- Experience with Botify and/or Deepcrawl
- Experience with BrightEdge, STAT or Conductor
- Experience with SEO testing
- Experience with producing and/or optimizing content for SEO
- Experience reporting and/or presenting to executive audiences
- Experience building relationships with product development teams, earn their trust as their “SEO Consultant” that helps then to understanding when their plans can impact in SEO
- Experience working with other digital marketing and/or brand teams to identify symbiotic opportunities
Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.