Full Job Description
ClearStar, Inc. is a leading Human Resources (HR) technology company specializing in background, drug, and occupational health screening services for employment. ClearStar provides employment intelligence directly to employers and via channel partners to support better recruitment and other employee-related decisions by increasing information quality, reliability, and visibility.
We are a high-growth organization, and we are scaling rapidly! Our employee base has tripled in size over the past year. For more information about ClearStar, please visit http://www.clearstar.net.
Who You Are
You’re a self-starter with 3 to 5 years of experience working with sales, sales operations, go-to-market strategy, marketing teams. You’re excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a scrappy, tenacious and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback and values the chance to make a significant impact.
- You have a proven track record and expertise in digital marketing, including SEO, ICPs/personas, lead scoring, nurturing programs, list management, segmentation, and targeting
- You have strong analytical skills to set measurable goals and evaluate campaign effectiveness
- You have a deep understanding of optimization requirements at different stages of the funnel
- You have in-depth knowledge of CRM and marketing automation systems – experience and technical fluency with Salesforce/Pardot and HubSpot is a strong asset – you know how to make the MarTech stack hum!
- You are creative and know good content when you see it – and know how to guide and inform the content creation process
- You are a ninja when it comes to value messaging and engaging your audience; you are an exceptional communicator
- You have strong project management skills are self-motivated and extremely resourceful in driving projects forward
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in at ClearStar.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience running outbound demand generation campaigns
- You have experience in B2B sales/marketing for a technology-enabled services business
- You have familiarity or experience with HCM or HRIS platforms and systems
- You have been responsible for building an outbound demand generation function from scratch and have the battle stories to prove it
Position and Team Overview:
ClearStar is looking for an experienced demand generation and outbound marketing professional. This individual will partner across the business to develop and execute the companies outbound demand generation strategy. The Demand Generation Manager will be responsible for all outbound demand generation activities related to creating qualified opportunities from the company’s prioritized prospect list. They will oversee the development of value messaging, implementation of lead scoring, routing and nurturing processes that increase MQL volumes that convert into SQL’s which ultimately drive new revenue.
100% Remote or option for Hybrid Office/WFH arrangement if a resident of the Atlanta metro area.
Your Responsibilities Include:
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, and collaborating closely with Sales Leadership, you will:
- Develop and execute outbound marketing strategies to drive business growth globally
- Design data-driven strategies to improve our outbound conversion metrics, leveraging account segmentation, ICP scoring, propensity to buy and compelling event modeling to develop targeted lists
- Utilizing our tech stack, own and execute outbound demand generation activities including, but not limited to, engagement campaigns (lead nurturing), prospect intelligence, lead scoring, digital content strategy (gated content offers), and more
- Introduce behavioral-based targeting based on engagement signals
- Collaborating across the business to develop high-impact value messaging that is compelling and generates interest within our targeted personas
- Partner with sales to execute campaigns that positively impact key pipeline generation and conversion metrics, drive sales and marketing alignment, and enable effective post-campaign follow-up
- Build a robust lead scoring and routing process to help prioritize outbound demand generation and follow-up effectiveness.
- Utilize marketing automation tools and systems to convert prospected leads into new sales opportunities successfully
- Support the design and execution of early-stage Account-Based Marketing tactics and sales plays to penetrate target markets and convert high-value accounts
- Strategize and execute outbound focused email campaigns, engagement and nurturing, advertising, webinars, sales enablement, direct mail, trade shows, social media, and more
- Work closely with revenue operations to provide reporting, actively monitor and analyze the health of marketing contribution to the sales pipeline & conversion ratios, campaign ROI
- Works closely with the Sales leadership on strategy, sales plays, and campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in marketing, communications, or English
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a demand generation role with responsibility for concepting, creating, and deploying e-mail and outbound marketing campaigns
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior
- Highly proficient in marketing automation platforms (Pardot, HubSpot) required
- Prior experience in content management, creative writing and advertising concepts
- Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex information into a user-friendly format
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite and web editing tools
- Sound understanding of account segmentation, ideal customer profiles, propensity to buy factors, trigger/compelling events, buyers journey mapping, and persona development
- Exceptional writing, communication, and collaboration skills with a track record of successfully interfacing with sales teams
- Follows a metrics-driven, analytical approach with a focus on outcome and impact
- An “own it” personality with an ability to thrive in a dynamic, scaling environment
- Creative mindset with experience in identifying target audiences and devising outbound campaigns that drive revenue opportunities
- Experience with A/B testing and multivariate experiments
- Experience with SEO, SEM, Google analytics, etc., a plus
Computer Skills & MarTech Stack Fluency:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have high proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Monday.com (project management platform), live person chat capabilities, videoconferencing, and database software. In addition to the above, prior experience and knowledge working with the platforms and software tools that comprise ClearStar’s current MarTech stack are highly desired:
ClearStar’s MarTech Stack
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Analytics/Google Ad Words
- Microsoft PowerBI
- Movavi Video Suite (or other video editing software)
- SEM Rush
- Social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube)
- WordPress/WP Engine
- Certificates and Licenses: Preference will be given to candidates with formal certifications in Salesforce.com, Pardot, WordPress and/or HubSpot.
Compensation and Benefits:
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Eligibility for Quarterly Bonus
- Market Salary Based on Experience and Role