Who we are:
Want to make an impact? Join our pack and come work (and play!) with us.
We believe everyone deserves the unconditional love of a pet—and at Rover, our mission is to make it easier to experience that love. Founded in 2011, the Rover app and website connect dog and cat parents with loving pet sitters and dog walkers in neighborhoods across the US, Canada, and Europe. We empower our community of trusted pet sitters and dog walkers to run their own pet care businesses on Rover with the tools and security of a global company to back them.
Headquartered in Seattle, Washington, we work closely with our teams in Barcelona, London, San Antonio, Spokane and remote locations. We’ve got a reputation for being a great place to work, having been named among the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Seattle Business Magazine and Washington’s Best Workplaces in the Puget Sound Business Journal. We’re an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world’s most respected tech companies.
At Rover, our furry coworkers are just as important as our human ones—and we wouldn’t have it any other way. Along with making the joys of pet parenthood more accessible, we’re committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming community of pet people—and that starts with our employees.
Please note we are only considering applicants located in one of our approved remote locations/states: WA, MT, TX, FL, & WI
Who we’re looking for:
We are looking for a Product Manager with a track record of achieving business goals through product-led SEO improvements. In coordination with an engineering team, this individual will be responsible for building and executing against a backlog of product features that increase the number of new customers booking on Rover.com from the SEO channel. This Product Manager will also partner with stakeholders across Product, Engineering, International, Growth Marketing, and Content teams to evangelize and drive forward SEO best practices in domestic and international markets. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of technical SEO and experience leading product improvements at scale on websites with 5MM+ monthly pageviews and 100k+ SEO pages. In addition, this candidate will have a strong analytical background with experience running AB tests or similar experiments to understand the impact of SEO features and explain results to key stakeholders.
- 3+ years of product management experience
- Track record of achieving business objectives through product led SEO improvements
- Strong technical SEO background including experience with site speed, algorithmic page generation, international SEO, internal linking, structured data, site crawlability, duplicate content, canonicalization, on-page SEO, white hat link building, etc.
- Data driven with experience in both SEO and A/B testing
- Highly effective at driving and navigating cross-functional and cross-geography collaboration to move forward product outcomes
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Botify, SEOClarity, or similar tools
- BS/MS (BSC/MSC) in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience preferred
Why We’ll Hire You:
- You know how to leverage data to make product decisions and drive organic growth
- You know how to manage a best in class SEO program across a site with hundreds of thousands of pages
- You are excellent at articulating technical SEO concepts to a non technical audience
- You know the SEO landscape better than anyone, and you excel at integrating new information into your strategies
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values
Benefits of working at Rover:
- Competitive compensation
- Company Equity
- Flexible PTO
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs) and free catered lunches semi-monthly (currently on hold due to Covid19)
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more (currently performed virtually due to Covid19)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are committed to work with you to look for reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.