85Sixty is a digital marketing agency with offices in Del Mar, California and Denver, Colorado. We hire qualified staff across the country to bring their expertise to the agency. For over 10 years, we’ve been helping clients transform the way they acquire and interact with their customers through an innovative combination of data science, cross-channel strategies, and creative thinking. Founded in 2011 by a veteran in retail, eCommerce, and digital, 85Sixty was built around a consultative, high-touch approach that allows us to work across a broad spectrum of areas to increase effectiveness. We are data-curious which makes us empowered with insights, getting you closer to your business goals, faster. We are passionate about our out-sourced, in-house relationships with our clients, and are treated as trusted collaborators, not just agency partners.
85SIXTY is looking for an SEO Strategist to join our team. This position is focused on driving the overall SEO strategy for our SEO clients working towards the client’s marketing goals, working within the client’s parameters, and implementing within the SEO team’s set standard of service. The SEO Strategist will also serve as a mentor to SEO specialists and as a layer of quality control to ensure the company is living up to the expected level of quality of work set up by the SEO department.
In a growing agency environment, SEO strategists are expected to be self-starters, proactive in handling client needs, and could assist junior SEO specialists when needed. You are expected to have a solid understanding of SEO with significant experience in handling SEO clients within a digital marketing agency in an SEO team environment. Being a team player and working within the team’s agreed-upon standards and best practices is imperative, but it is also encouraged that you speak your mind in suggesting new ideas that could benefit the whole team.
- Collaborating with clients and internal teams to plan out the SEO strategy, and its specific tactics, assigning responsibilities to the client and to the internal SEO specialist.
- In the absence of an available specialist, you are expected to be able also to do the work of the SEO specialist until one becomes available while managing the timing of project deliverables and client expectations.
- Be a good mentor to SEO specialists, but also trainable by others in any new practices of the company.
- Reporting to clients the status of their SEO campaigns and is comfortable using all the major web analytics platforms, use of some data visualization tools.
- Use internal project management tools used by the 85Sixty to collaborate well with project managers, account managers, other digital marketing teams, development teams, web analytics teams, and client experience teams.
- Be up to date in the SEO industry news to be able to implement the latest SEO strategies using whitehat SEO practices.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- 3+ years of experience working in a digital marketing agency.
- Creative thinking, organized, and a good communicator with effective writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience in onpage and offpage SEO strategies.
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and the Google Office Suite (Docs, Sheets, Presentation, Drive, Gmail, Calendar)
- Experience working with remote team members and clients and running online meetings using different online conference software (Zoom, Slack, Google Meet, MS Teams, etc.)
- Knowledge of common SEO tools and various Google Platforms like Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Business Profiles, Google Trends, and others.
- Working knowledge of CMS and SaaS programs.
- Basic project management experience.
- Basic technical SEO knowledge.
- Ability to focus on primary tasks assigned with multiple priorities, maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of the capabilities and uses of different digital marketing channels, tactics, and strategies to collaborate with them well.
- Ability to think creatively on technical matters.
- Desire to learn new skills, try new technologies, and generally push the boundaries in digital marketing.
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Long-Term & Short-Term Disability
- FSA – Health/Dependent Care
- Voluntary Life/AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement Plan
- FTO – Flexible Time Off
- Paid Holidays – 14 total
Salary range: $60,000 – $80,000
85Sixty is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.