Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $65.9K – $83.5K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Seattle, WA.
Full Job Description
About Social Driver
Social Driver is a digital agency, trusted by the world’s leading corporations and nonprofit organizations for social media, websites, and digital marketing. We are focused on providing strategic solutions that are based on experience working with almost 300 clients in 13 sectors, world-class expertise and capabilities in digital and social media, and a culture of long-term client partnerships — that’s why our tagline is Experience Digital With Us.
Our company mantra captures our mission, culture, and values: “We believe the future is bright, all progress is social, and the drivers make history.” We aim to provide our clients with digital solutions that help them meet their goals and, through that work, make an impact for a brighter future. Our vision is “to be the trusted digital agency partner with all of the strategies and creative to connect with people today.”
This is a remote position though we have team members based in Washington, DC (our HQ), Seattle/Bellingham, WA, Chicago, IL, Kansas City, MO, and more.
In this role, you will work with a team to code and provide technical solutions that ensure our clients’ sites are engaging, secure, and up-to-date with the most recent website trends.
Social Driver provides full-service digital agency solutions to our clients ranging across digital marketing, social media management, digital advertising, website design and development, content and video production, and other digital solutions.
As an important part of their team, our clients expect that Social Driver provides world-class service. Developers are key members of that team. They work with multiple clients and internal teams to plan, execute, and launch websites and data visualizations. They work with a cross-functional team which includes other developers, designers, UX / digital strategists, and project managers.
You will report directly to the Director of Web Development.
Programming Languages and Technologies
- Understanding of open source and community-based technologies.
- Experience managing WordPress websites.
- Experience with code management and collaboration through GitHub.
- Comfortable navigating design mockups made in Sketch, Figma, or Invision.
- Proficiency with CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap.
- Expert knowledge in building pages and component libraries with popular page builders like Elementor.
- Leads the development of a WordPress website from start to finish.
- Works with content strategists on content migration plans and CMS content type and taxonomy setup.
- Support content strategists to create thorough documentation for CMS trainings.
- Themes the website to match page designs made in Sketch, Figma, or Invision and works with the design team to apply those designs across the website.
- Provides recommendations that include SEO best practices and can include client feedback to satisfy their goal.
- Launches the website to ensure minimal downtime and SEO impact.
- Adheres to coding standards defined by technical management and industry standards. This includes cross-browser tests and accessibility checks.
Communication and Teamwork
- Listens to others and accepts input from fellow team members.
- Clearly articulates ideas and thoughts/recommendations verbally, and in writing.
- Prepares well-written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, and professional.
- Experience developing and maintaining WordPress plugins or Drupal modules.
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM team.
- Experience integrating and using Algolia, EveryAction, Salesforce, MailChimp, WAVE, Google Analytics, and Google Webmaster Tools.
- Passion for creating beautiful and intuitive websites and data visualizations.
- Displays a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates flexibility in day-to-day work.
- Sets high standards of performance for oneself.
- Enthusiasm working collaboratively on project teams.
How to Apply:
Apply online with your resume and a cover letter that outlines how you would be a great fit for the position.
We take pride in our culture and offer a competitive salary with great benefits, like flexible PTO, 401k, continuing education, phone reimbursement, medical and dental, short-term/long-term disability, flexible work schedules, and great colleagues.
Commitment to DEI:
Social Driver is committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring, marketing, programming, and in all other aspects of the work we do. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are deeply connected to our mission, our success, and our culture.