MyAdvice’s Search Engine Optimization Strategists drive client success by increasing online discoverability, search engine rankings, website traffic and, ultimately, conversions that translate into meaningful results for our clients. SEO Strategists are responsible for analyzing data, identifying opportunities and implementing tactics to drive the overall success of their assigned client’s SEO efforts. This position is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance of about 50+ SEO campaigns. A core responsibility includes directing the work of offshore team members by acting as a mentor who provides guidance, coaching, and skill development. This position frequently collaborates cross-departmentally and provides internal and client-facing consultations. We expect our SEO Strategists to stay current on industry trends and act as the authority to make the best decisions on behalf of our clients.
Our ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of keyword research, SEO copywriting and a strong understanding of search engine behaviors. They can quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of client campaigns. SEO is an ever-changing landscape, so our strategist needs to learn and adapt continuously. The ideal candidate is a thought leader who will bring new ideas to the table and spread passion for data and SEO throughout the team. They will guide individual client campaigns and continually help refine processes and services to maximize scalability. If you’re inquisitive, data-driven, solution-oriented, and enjoy digital marketing — you’ll love this position!
- Accountable for SEO initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, and conversions that deliver results for clients
- Plan, develop, present, and implement SEO strategy across a variety of verticals
- Direct the work of SEO Specialists and offshore resources (small teams of 2-3 people)
- Manage SEO-related tools and platforms including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Screaming Frog, Rankwatch and SEMrush
- Create content calendars and SEO optimized content briefs for the content team to execute
- Maximize ROI for clients through organic search optimization
- Regularly perform thorough keyword research and website crawls
- Identify and deliver upon key SEO KPIs
- Analyze SEO metrics—e.g., sessions, bounce rate, and conversions—and develop actionable ongoing SEO strategy
- Collaborate cross-departmentally with marketing success teams to facilitate client requests
- Identify audiences and develop strategies to better target identified audiences for clients
- Identify problems and deficiencies to implement solutions in a timely manner
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices to communicate important updates to clients and internal team
Required Skills + Qualifications
- 3-5 years demonstrable experience with SEO campaigns
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking factors
- Ability to identify and implement on-page optimizations
- Comfortable analyzing high volumes of data on a daily basis
- Effective utilization of Google Analytics, Search Console, and Google Tag Manager
- Working knowledge of WordPress and HTML (Drupal experience is a plus)
- Data-driven problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to collaborate within a team and work independently
- High speed internet connection and dedicated workspace if electing to work remotely
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School education required
Preferred Skills + Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- SEO experience within an agency setting
- Familiarity with coordinating offshore resources
- Exposure to leadership concepts such as feedback, training and delegation
- Experience managing and implementing PPC campaigns
- Knowledge of schema markup and customer service experience is helpful
- Compensation: $55,000 – $65,000 USD
- Position Type: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
- Schedule: Monday-Friday, Typical Office Hours (such as 9am-6pm with an hour lunch)
- Travel: May require occasional local or national travel (less than 5% of the time, if at all).
- Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer (90% at desk, 10% of time walking); Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and use typical office equipment (computers, keyboards, printer, etc.)
- Employer Contributed Plans: Medical, Vision, Life and AD+D Insurances
- Voluntary Plans: Dental, Critical Illness, Accident and Pet Insurances
- Unlimited Paid Time Off + 12 Paid Holidays
- Remote-first Company, Flexible Schedules + Early Out Fridays!
- 401(k) Plan with 50% Company Match (up to 6%)
- Employee Assistance Program (free mental health services, financial/legal consultations and more!)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (up to $1,800 annually) and Executive Mentorship Program
- Leadership Training Program: Learn the basics of how to lead a team! Available to all employees.
- Ongoing Personalized Coaching and Career Development
- Casual Dress and Fun Work Environment (games, coffee, snacks, etc.)
- Perks at Work Employee Discount Program
- Core Value “Pay It Forward” Initiative, Project Fantastic (client collab) and more!
MyAdvice empowers business owners and professionals to increase their revenue by attracting and retaining more clients through digital marketing. The SaaS-based platform enables hands-on control and visibility into the performance of online marketing activities, backed by 20+ years of best practices and expertise on maximizing those efforts. MyAdvice’s six-stage Pyramid of Success™ provides a proven step-by-step plan for how and when to implement growth-oriented marketing tactics for the greatest impact, including website design and maintenance, local directories, client reviews, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and paid advertising. Learn more at myadvice.com.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion as we understand and value its importance to our success. Our team thrives upon our employee’s unique experiences to propel creative solutions, so we aspire to continue building upon our diverse team to include groups that are traditionally underrepresented. Additionally, studies have shown that minorities are less likely to apply for a position if they don’t meet every qualification. MyAdvice prioritizes a strong company culture fit and believes in providing opportunities to individuals with exceptional work ethic. Skills can be taught. With that in mind, if you believe yourself to be a good fit, we strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
MyAdvice is a performance-based and data driven company that has experienced tremendous growth within the last year, so we’re excited for the opportunity to introduce new talent. MyAdvice’s progressive values include transparency, teamwork, relentless effort and intellectual honesty in order to bring about the success of our clients. We encourage continuous education, career development and work/life balance while thriving in a casual and collaborative work environment. With MyAdvice you will be a valued and integral member whom we will continually invest.