Full Job Description
The Senior Recruiter is accountable for supporting Geisinger’s talent management programs related to talent identification, attraction, acquisition, selection, joining and retention of defined hard-to-fill positions. The senior recruiter is also a critical key member in terms of achieving system/regulatory compliance objectives and quality of hire/retention goals. S/he will play a strong role in executing the defined talent management programs and strategies throughout departments, entities and service lines across Geisinger. S/he must be a relationship builder with the ability to strengthen the current talent management strategy by working closely with hiring managers to meet the current and future talent needs. S/he will be an analytical problem-solver, digging into the current systems and uncovering inefficiencies to improve while bringing fresh new ideas for process improvements as well as creative ways to engage with internal and external customers.
- Fosters relationships with assigned clients and HR partners to develop strategic workforce plans (SWP) for hard-to-recruit positions which are closely aligned to the business strategy and anticipates labor and skill shortages in the future (including the use of contingency staffing).
- Utilizes analytics, data and metrics to analyze different workforce trends and scenarios; performs gap analysis to reconcile the differences between the current and future state needs and develops a detailed action plan to accomplish the initiatives required by the strategic workforce plan including modifications if conditions change.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Cultural Competency: Partners with HR Generalist to educate clients about policies, practices, and procedures to ensure that all qualified applicants and employees receive an equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, advancement, and every other aspect of their employment.
- Accurately interprets, utilizes and communicates an understanding of placement rate goals, process for establishing job groups determined to be underutilized, establishing and measuring Good Faith Efforts, adverse impact and other potential barriers to attracting, hiring, promoting, and retaining a diverse talent community.
- Career Pathways and Talent Mobility: Proactively identifies the needs of the organization through development of formal frameworks and career pathways in partnership with local, regional and national educational institutions, as well as internal training and certification programs.
- Partners with HR Generalist and OD Specialist to create, implement and measure talent strategies and programs which develop critical capabilities to fulfill business needs and offer a variety of career progression and life-cycle, workload, location, schedule and role.
- Educates and collaborates with hiring managers to promote relationships at target universities and develop pipelines through programs such as internships, externships, residency, fellowship, etc.
- Talent Attraction and Sourcing Talent Attraction (Active and Passive Marketing): Leverages relationships with internal partners (sales and marketing, corporate communications, IT, HR Generalist) and external partners (media planners, vendors, etc.) to assess the competition and implement measurable (key metrics) talent attraction strategies and programs.
- Relationship Management: Develops and fosters relationships as a talent strategist in partnership with assigned client group utilizing a service-level agreement (SLA); identifies business challenges, recommends, implements and measures innovative talent solutions.
- Builds relationships with a diverse cross-section of colleges and universities and community groups to create partnerships, training programs, clinical rotations, workforce plans and alumni programs to build pipelines for identified hard-to-recruit positions.
- Sourcing: Sources talent using a variety of creative solutions including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), social media channels, job boards, journals, professional associations, networking, conferences, online groups and other talent communities.
- Talent Selection and Joining Job Posting and Marketing: Prior to posting a new position, collaborates with Hiring Manager to conduct intake session including a review of the approved job description, identify the core competencies desired, the most important -3 preferred requirements of a top candidate, team environment and unique aspects of the opportunity (employee value proposition); develops job postings which will market the position to targeted audience.
- Screening, Assessments and Interviews: Coordinates the development and implementation of validated assessments related to behavioral and skill assessments; monitors reporting and measures of adverse impact.
- Conducts behavioral-based interviews and partners with HR Generalist and OD Specialist to provide hiring manager with resources and education and training related to interviewing and selection.
- Offer and Acceptance: Calculates and recommends starting rates and compensation for internal and external candidates by reviewing qualifications, experience, salary and grade, internal equity and other market conditions.
- Presents verbal and written offers to candidate as a Total Rewards package and negotiates with candidate in partnership with hiring manager to obtain acceptance and closure.
- Collaborates with compensation specialist as needed and required by policy or agreed upon protocols.
- Maintains current knowledge and education of regulations, laws and policies which impact specific positions and demonstrates the understanding when evaluating and adjudicating background reports.
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and other members of the Geisinger talent team to create and implement standard work which delivers an exceptional visit experience for the candidate and their family (when applicable)Engages and partners with key stakeholders in Credentialing, Employee Health, HR and Department Operations to create and implement standard work which delivers a well-coordinated and synchronized on-boarding experience.
- Engages and partners with key stakeholders to create and implement standard work which delivers an orientation agenda that acclimates new employees to our culture and the Geisinger commitment to caring.
- Develops creative programs and strategies designed to retain and engage talent in identified hard-to-recruit positions (Residency and Fellowship, Internships and Externship, Alumni and Boomerang, Silver Medalist, phased-transition retirement).
- Develops and utilizes reports, analytics and data related to enhancing the first 90-days of employment, improving first year performance and increasing first-year retention.
- Employee Experience: Develops and distributes a standardized 30 and 60 and 90day check-in electronic surveys for newly hired employees in defined hard-to-fill positions with a focus on first-year retention and an enhanced candidate experience.
- Utilizes data to measure and interpret each phase of the first 90 days; accurately interprets and communicates themes for action in partnership with HR Generalist to retain employees.
- Develops 90-day check in electronic surveys for hiring managers with identified identify hard-to-fill positions with a focus on first-year retention and an enhanced employee experience.
- Utilizes data to measure and interpret the first 90 days; accurately interprets and communicates themes for action to hiring manager in partnership with HR Generalist to retain employees.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
***NOTE: Will consider applicants at Recruiter skill set level at appropriate compensation pay rate based on relevant experience***
This position supports the Lab on a system level. Must be willing to travel as business needs require.
Healthcare or Agency recruitment experience preferred. Lab/Scientific recruitment experience a plus.
Employee Value Proposition: Forward thinking organization – engaging team.
Bachelor’s Degree- (Required)
Minimum of 5 years-Related work experience (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Healthcare (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.