Minute Media is looking for an experienced SEO manager to help deliver our global organic search growth strategy and execution across our leading sports and entertainment websites.
Reporting to Minute Media’s VP of Growth, you will work hand-in-hand with our content and engineering teams to help manage and grow our visibility in search, implementing both technical and content best practices in-line with the latest industry guidelines, recommendations and techniques.
- Conduct technical site analyses and collaborate with the VP of Growth and our engineering team to prioritize and implement changes leading to search visibility improvements.
- Creation of weekly and season long sports related content strategies while communicating to multiple international editorial teams.
- Actionable & insight-focused data analyses leading to tangible audience growth.
- Undertake deep competitor analyses across all aspects of SEO to identify weaknesses in our strategy and approach, as well as opportunities for growth.
- Support the VP of Growth by searching across all of Minute Media’s properties, proactively looking for growth opportunities.
The expected salary range for this position is between $90,000 and $120,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on skills, experience, and location. The benefits available for this position include flexible vacation policy, 15 paid holidays, paid parental leave, health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan.
- Experience working in a fast paced SEO environment, ideally in both, or in at least one of, a digital agency or publishing environment.
- At least 7 years hands on SEO experience. Detailed content planning and optimization experience is a must. Fundamental technical SEO & UX/UI experience is also required. Advanced technical SEO understanding is preferred, as is link generation experience.
- A track record of providing actionable SEO insight that leads to tangible growth for web based properties.
- Experience of optimizing for Traditional Google Results, Google Discover, and ideally Top Stories listings.
- Direct experience of working with editorial teams, as well as engineering and product teams.
- Able to work across several disciplines of SEO, including content specification, on-page optimization, technical SEO, link generation and UX.
- Able to undertake effective keyword (entity) research, content planning and content optimization, at scale, for both the short and long term.
- An understanding of the importance of UX/UI and user metrics in contemporary SEO.
- Ability to interpret Core Web Vitals and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Knowledge of standard SEO skills & tools, across both content, links & technical, including, but not limited to: Google Search Console, Screaming Frog (& cloud based crawlers), JetOctopus, SEMRUSH, AHREFs, Majestic, Google Analytics, Google Publisher Centre, Heatmaps.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to collaborate with stakeholders in Engineering, Growth and Content teams. Able to effectively communicate complex concepts to many different audiences, including C-suite level.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a proactive approach, able to ensure that initial ideas and concepts are delivered to completion, with tangible impacts.
- Knowledge of link creation, including creative ideas and outreach strategies. A good understanding of how links are generated and able to apply this understanding to Minute Media properties.
- Able to generate and manipulate large datasets for insights, ideally able to utilize Data Studio and SQL (BigQuery). Any python knowledge is a plus. Ideally experience with utilizing various APIs.
- Critical thinking skills, able to use logic and rationale to identify the root cause of any SEO issue, with clear actions to resolve with an impactful solution.
- Ideally, knowledge of international and multi-language SEO. Fluent English is a must, any multilingual skills are a plus, with Spanish and Portuguese preferred.
- An understanding of Google updates, ability to plan for future updates, and react to current algo changes.
- Knowledge of ChatGPT and how to effectively use AI for SEO.
- Knowledge of YouTube optimization, ASO and other growth channels is a plus.
- An interest and understanding of soccer, and other (US) sports.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minute Media participates in E-Verify.
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.
About the team
Minute Media is a leading media technology brand focused on two main pillars—platform and content. Minute Media’s platform serves as the company’s foundation, powering its content as well as enabling the evolution of other market-leading digital media brands. To date, Minute Media’s owned and operated destinations include The Players’ Tribune, 90min, DBLTAP, Mental Floss, The Big Lead, and FanSided. For more information, check out https://www.minutemedia.com/.
The Minute Media Growth team is focused on increasing the amount of users that visit our various brands, leading to tangible and clear increases in pageviews and revenue. We work directly with multiple teams across the organization, including content teams, engineering teams and Business Insights.