The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing effective search engine optimization strategies to enhance website visibility and drive organic traffic. They analyze website performance, conduct keyword research, and work closely with content creators and web developers to ensure optimal search engine ranking.
How you will contribute to TrueCar’s success:
- Conduct in-depth keyword research to identify relevant and high-traffic keywords. Analyze keyword competition and trends and develop keyword strategies for content optimization.
- Optimize website content, meta tags, headings, and internal linking structure for SEO.
- Ensure website pages load quickly and are mobile-friendly and implement schema markup where appropriate.
- Collaborate with content creators to develop SEO-friendly content.
- Create content guidelines and best practices and ensure content aligns with keyword strategies.
- Perform website audits to identify technical SEO issues. Address issues such as crawl errors, broken links, and duplicate content.
- Optimize site architecture for better search engine indexing.
- Execute a link-building strategy to acquire high-quality backlinks. Identify outreach opportunities for guest posting and link partnerships. Monitor disavow toxic backlinks as needed.
- Utilize SEO tools to monitor website performance and rankings.
- Provide regular reports on SEO progress and key performance indicators.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement and adjust strategies accordingly.
- Research and analyze competitor websites and SEO strategies to identify opportunities to outperform competitors in search rankings.
- Stay up to date with search engine algorithm changes and industry trends, and adjust strategies to align with algorithm updates.
- Optimize local business listings for improved visibility in local searches. Manage and respond to online reviews and ratings.
- Proven success in search engine optimization
- Proficiency in SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEMrush, Moz, or similar tools.
- Strong understanding of search engine algorithms and ranking factors.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and website development preferred.
- Certifications in SEO (i.e Google Analytics or Google Ads certification) are a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Base salary: $72,000 – $110,000
Your TrueCar Experience
As a crew member, you’ll be primarily based out of your home as a part of our Dynamic Workplace strategy. We provide additional benefits & perks to assist our crew members in having a sustainable home workstation including monthly internet/mobile phone service reimbursement and furniture & equipment for your space.
You will receive excellent benefits that include but aren’t limited to 100% employer-paid health/vision/dental premium, 401k with company contribution, equity, a wellness reimbursement program, a learning & development reimbursement program, and charitable contribution matching. We recognize that everyone needs an occasional recharge, so we offer a flexible PTO policy for exempt TrueCar Crew along with a generous PTO accrual policy for non-exempt TrueCar Crew, in addition to 14 company-paid holidays and 2 floating holidays. In short, we care deeply about our crew members and build employee-centric programs that prove it.
At TrueCar, we believe in the power of diversity to build a deeper understanding of our consumers and partners and drive innovation in our products. We welcome a workforce that reflects all the diversity of car-buying consumers. We encourage everyone interested in our company mission to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that is protected by applicable law. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable law. In addition, TrueCar will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
TrueCar does not accept unsolicited agency submissions.