Who We Are
We’re a growing digital marketing agency championing creative, customized, and measurable client strategies. True to our core value to be awesome in work and life, Workshop Digital offers a flexible, hybrid work environment for Richmonders, along with remote opportunities for team members across the country.
Ethical, Accountable, Transparent – it’s part of who we are.
Our people are doing high-end work for high-end clients with the autonomy and client access that only a boutique agency can offer. As an SEO Manager, you will manage medium-complexity accounts, and support high-complexity accounts through careful research, strategy, execution, and analysis. Your data-backed contextual insights and subject-matter expertise guide clients’ business decisions, helping them achieve and exceed their goals. You are the expert in your field, and you help push the team and company forward.
We need a hungry, tenacious SEO professional to manage large and complex clients. We need someone who can effectively communicate and successfully implement custom SEO strategies to our clients. We need someone who sees an ever-changing industry rife with challenges, obstacles, and puzzles to solve and says, “Bring it on!”.
- 3+ years of experience executing hands-on SEO work for high complexity clients
- Demonstrated ability handling complex and challenging clients with respect to:
- Prioritizing workload with minimal support
- Building strong relationships
- Creating insightful, actionable, and accurate insights for client strategies and reports with minimal support
- Presenting data and insights in a way that is logical, clear, and actionable with minimal support
- Creating effective meeting agendas and leading client meetings with minimal support
- Delivering core training
- Logging assigned client hours worked
- Meeting deadlines
- Advanced and courteous written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Advanced analytical capabilities; rarely needs support for advanced analysis and insights
- Occasionally provides training to other team members
- Sometimes identifies and implements initiatives that push the team and the company forward
- Advanced level skills in MS Office Suite and Google Suite, particularly in Excel and Google Sheets
What You’ll Do
- Develop strategies and tactics that support client goals and drive strong organic marketing performance
- Build and maintain strong, deep client relationships with day-to-day contacts and senior stakeholders to ensure high client retention and growth
- Troubleshoot minor to complicated client issues
- Implement and test new capabilities to enable client growth
- Support Team Leads in the training of new team members
- Provide temporary support and contribute to client services deliverables during the business development process for upsells and new business
Workshop Digital offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive health and wellness benefits package, 401(k) matching, profit sharing, flexible PTO (we mean it – our employees are encouraged to take 20+ days per year, no questions asked), short- and long-term disability, and family leave.
Expected hiring range: $65,000 – $72,000/annually
Please note this position may be filled as a Senior SEO Analyst ($55,000 – $62,000/annually) or a Senior SEO Manager ($75,000 – $82,000/annually) based on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience, as well as the need of the department at the time of hire.
Equal Opportunity & Inclusion Statement
As an equity affirming company, Workshop Digital searches for, encourages, and engages with individuals and groups that represent diversity in our community. We not only challenge discrimination in regards to gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, racial identity, faith identity, age, disability, and social class, we consciously make efforts to reach out and include diversity in employment, vendors, and clients. All individuals authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. should apply.