Here at CARS, we are constantly developing technology that innovates how customers and dealers buy and sell their vehicles. In 1998, we invented the car search with Cars.com and revolutionized the way the industry does business. Now, we bring that same boldness, energy, and drive to optimizing solutions across our brands every single day. We are constantly creating new possibilities, traversing uncharted routes and welcoming challenges along the way.
No one ever travels alone here: at its core, CARS is collaboration. Whether it is within individual teams, across departments, or the company at large, our employees support one another across every dimension of life at CARS. We operate as a collective, utilizing all of our diverse strengths to approach problems from every single angle, united by our award-winning company culture and our mission to make car shopping the best experience possible.
CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ and Accu-Trade. Want to learn more? Check us out here!
About the Role:
The SEO Copywriter is an individual contributor role inside the SEO Department, responsible for creating unique content for SEO clients based on strategic goals identified by SEO Specialists. Copywriters work under the supervision of the Copy Supervisor, and in coordination with the SEO Specialists to fulfill client work month to month. Copywriters must be adept and proficient writers, who are able to quickly research and create search-optimized content that is useful to users and meets the length and time requirements of the department. Copywriters must be unafraid of tight deadlines and high workloads, writing and researching for between 7 and 12 pieces of content a day on average.
Copywriters manage a heavy client load of between 30 and 40 accounts, making time management and the ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently critical to success in this role. While SEO copywriting experience isn’t required for this role as training is provided, critical thinking, time management, and being calm under pressure are traits that lead to success.
- Write a high volume of high-quality, organic search-optimized web content per month, adhering to strict quality guidelines within time requirements
- Manage client production schedules independently to meet tight internal deadlines
- Perform competitor and keyword research in order to write top-placing content
- Collaborate with SEO Specialists to create content that meets client goals
- Flawlessly edit content created by yourself and others
- Work within website platforms to publish content
- Follow and understand brand-specific compliance requirements
- Contribute actively to department and company goals
- Understand and implement SEO best practices in content production
Requirements (within 3 months of employment):
- Active interest in organic search, search engines, and digital marketing and drive to stay abreast of industry news and updates
- Driven by the desire to continuously gain knowledge and improve skills
- Ability to comfortably and successfully manage heavy client loads (30-40 clients, 7-9 pieces a day on average)
- Ability to complete all required tasks within outlined time requirements and by required due dates each month
- Willingness to work overtime as needed to complete client work on schedule
- Critical thinking and reasoning skills; the ability to take learned concepts and apply them appropriately to unique situations in order to arrive at the most logical plan of action
- Willingness to identify problems or issues and raise them to leadership, as well as present possible solutions
- Adaptability; willingness to accept and embrace changing processes, gray areas, and new ideas with ease and enthusiasm
- Fully functional in all areas of the Copywriter skills matrix
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Detail-oriented, especially as it relates to Quality Control and editing your own work
- Proficient with Google Docs/Google Sheets or Microsoft Word/Microsoft Excel
- Ability to perform and apply findings of competitor research using SEMRush and Google
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO fundamentals
In the spirit of pay transparency, we are excited to share the base salary range for this position which is not inclusive of bonuses, benefits or other forms of compensation that the position may be eligible for. If you are hired at CARS, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as skills and/or experience. If the salary range is close to what you’re seeking, then we encourage you to apply and learn more about the total compensation package for this position.
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package includes:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Healthcare Plans
- 401(k) with Company Match + Immediate Vesting
- New Hire Stipend for Home Office Set-Up
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO
- Refuel – a service based recognition program where employees receive additional paid time away to learn grow and reset
- Paid Holidays, Floating Holiday, Volunteer Day, Recharge Day
- Learn more about our Benefits, Perks, & Culture on our LinkedIn Life Pages!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.