At Shell Energy Solutions, we believe there’s a better way to power your business and home.
Aligned with Shell’s ambition to be a significant global power business and to become net zero by 2050, our cleaner, affordable and simple solutions help companies manage their energy spend and plan their sustainability roadmap – a fresh approach for environmentally conscious businesses that are looking to boost their sustainability credentials. We also have set out to deliver the very best experience to our customers across all our channels.
Shell Energy Solutions mission is delivering cleaner energy solutions for a brighter tomorrow by guiding customers toward a better energy future, enabling customer choice and by providing market-leading energy solutions.
WHERE YOU FIT IN
Going above and beyond for our customers is what we’re all about and we have set out to deliver the very best experience to our customers across all our channels. But bigger challenges lie ahead, and we need to keep moving forward. Are you ready to help us get there?
Shell Energy is looking for an experienced SEO professional to manage the search engine optimization efforts for a family of retail electricity brands, focused on driving brand awareness and meeting enrollment goals. This person, the Website and Content Lead, will report to the Sr. Manager, Website and Content, and work collaboratively with internal teams and agency partners to ensure successful implementation of SEO strategy, website updates and optimization across multiple brands, and overall content.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with agency partners and internal teams to execute SEO strategies and own all SEO projects from conception to completion.
• Utilize tools such as BrightEdge and Google Search Console to identify areas for improvement and monitor results.
• Implement best practices for local search to ensure top rank and visibility in each of the geos we service.
• Optimize existing content and landing pages for search engine marketing.
• Create an on-page SEO checklist and ensure all pages contain all needed elements.
• Conduct regular competitive analyses and monitor the competitive landscape for missing or underperforming keywords.
• Collaborate with agency partners and internal teams to ideate new content for all stages of the customer journey.
• Back-link management – create and execute plans to acquire quality backlinks and disavow toxic links.
• Ensure sites are also optimized for Spanish speaking consumers.
• Responsible for making edits to multiple websites and ensuring content is optimized for SEO.
• Assist with the development of a content calendar, management of blogs and website content, and ensure content alignment across multiple channels including social media.
• Establish KPIs in support of larger company goals; monitor the progress of priority keywords.
• Keep abreast of SEO best practices, Google/Bing algorithm updates, trends, products and resources to enhance rankings and do the job more efficiently.
• Other duties as assigned and as needed to support the overall SEO strategy.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these functions. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, computer science, advertising, data analytics, or similar field
• 5-7 years of hands-on SEO experience with demonstrated understanding of organic search trends and proven ability to reach achieve top ranking results.
• Agency experience a plus
• Energy industry experience a plus
• Experience working with BrightEdge, SEMRush, Google Search Console, Google Looker Studio, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, HotJar, A/B testing tools
• Experience working with Sitefinity and/or Contentful a plus
• Self-starter; ability to work independently and within a team.
• Sharp attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to analyze data and reports, to in turn communicate insights and recommended action items clearly and concisely to teammates and upper management.
• Demonstrated experience in all aspects of search engine optimization.
• Preferred experience with developing content calendars and optimizing website and social content.
• Resourceful; ability to problem-solve and navigate roadblocks
• Propensity to continually test all elements; analyze data and then act on the insights drawn.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and move around work environment as needed.
• Comply with company policies and procedure
• Required to be in-person in The Woodlands/Houston, TX through a hybrid workplace environment
LOCATION & WORK SCHEDULE
• Hybrid work schedule located in Houston, TX 77010
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH SHELL ENERGY
• Competitive Compensation
• Health Care – Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
• 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
• Disability Programs (STD & LTD)
• Employee Basic Term Life Insurance
• Vacation & Company Holidays
• Flexible PTO
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Parental Leave
*Job descriptions are not intended as, nor should be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job duties and responsibilities essential for making fair pay decisions about the job.