We’re looking for an experienced Senior SEO Manager to help lead high impact organic search strategies on behalf of our clients, fulfilling agreed objectives, working within budget and delivering against KPIs. From strategy development to technical analysis, content optimisation to competitor monitoring; our SEO team is dynamic, results-focused and a proven authority within our field.
This role is creative, technical and managerial, responsible for contributing heavily to strategic planning and execution on a campaign level plus also being involved in the line management and mentoring of team members across the department. There is an expectation that the Senior SEO Manager will take the lead, along with other senior team members, to provide thought-leadership, best practice approach, innovation and guidance at a campaign and departmental level.
- We work with global brands; some of the most recognised in the world!
- Our clients span an array of exciting business sectors – fashion, sports, finance, automotive, gaming, travel, healthcare & much more
- We’re serious about technology! As part of working with us, you will gain access to best-in-breed technology suites that empower you to do a better and more effective job for our clients
- Training is an ever-growing part of the agency. In the last 2 years, Jellyfish has trained over 2,000 customers in digital marketing, plus many of our 350 internal members of staff. You’ll also get the opportunity to improve your knowledge in areas that you’ve never been exposed to before
- Leading in the development of sophisticated SEO strategies addressing the objectives and KPIs of clients
- Producing comprehensive technical SEO analysis of client websites/assets to facilitate the development of clear, actionable optimization roadmaps
- Onsite content audits to identify how client content should be optimized to perform better within the organic SERPs
- Developing white-hat link earning and amplification strategies geared toward building brand awareness across the web while strengthening organic ranking signals
- Troubleshooting and participating in risk mitigation exercises and penalty removal for clients
- Ensuring that audits, research and landscape investigations are properly utilized to deliver insight-driven strategies
- Providing an exceptional level of reporting which includes detailed insights, actionable next steps and which tie-back to overarching business objectives
- Attending key campaign meetings (internal & client-facing) and positioning yourself as one of the team
- Working closely with internal Jellyfish staff to develop integrated digital marketing campaigns. This will involve partnering with lead practitioners from the Social, Content, Paid Media, Display, Creative, Development and UX teams
- Working closely with Client Services and Project Management teams to stay on budget and within agreed timeframes
- Identifying when junior team members are struggling in their delivery of tasks and providing them with the support they require
- Identifying strategic opportunities and facilitating change in order to hit client expectations
- Providing SEO training to internal teams and clients
What you’ll need
- Articulate English skills – you must be able to use language persuasively and produce well constructed reports and deliverables
- Thorough experience and knowledge of working within social media, with impeccable knowledge of monitoring and metrics
- Excellent knowledge of industry software & tools such as Screaming Frog, SemRush, Majestic, AHREFS, BuzzSumo, Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Highly competent in Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slide
- Strong communication skills, as you will be required to discuss project plans, strategies, and results with project leaders
- Excellent organisational skills are a must, as the role will require you to assist with multiple priorities, projects and relationships
- Creative and capable of conceptualising and executing unique ideas under pressure
- Confident in pitching and concisely communicating creative, strategic and professional ideas
- A self-motivated individual who consistently monitors their respective landscape in order to keep up to speed with industry developments, new tactics and thought leadership
- A natural intuition to understand what does or does not fit within a client’s brand ethics
- BA/BS degree required
- 5+ years of SEO & digital marketing experience
- 2+ year of leadership experience
- Flexibility to adapt
- A confident manner with a positive attitude and good sense of humour
- Professional pride and attention to detail
- You have an in-depth understanding of the internet; you use the web for research and to further your learning by reading a wide range of online content
- You take direction positively from clients and senior members of staff, as well as contribute fresh ideas
- Self motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team
- Able to work at a fast pace and meet key deadlines
- Open, honest and direct. Comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback from colleagues and from clients.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The salary bracket for this opportunity is $90,000 – $120,000 (May be negotiable depending on experience)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Jellyfish is committed to making adjustments in our recruitment process to enable you to demonstrate your full potential. Should you require reasonable accommodation, please fill out the form here.
- Flexible working
- Annual Bonus
- Training and Development
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme – Counseling