What you get to do in this role:
In this role, you will work closely with content producers, internal stakeholders such as the brand management and demand generation teams, international teams, and vendors to expand ServiceNow’s digital footprint across organic search platforms.
This is a hands-on SEO position where you’ll use tactics and analytical skills to plan and execute SEO projects.
The SEO Manager will report to the Sr Manager of Organic Search. You will work closely with content writers, marketing technology, paid search, and business leads from the demand generation team.
Core duties include:
- Create a rubric to evaluate the business among core success metrics for core SEO pillars of content, technical, and partner links. Set appropriate goals, timelines, and paths to improving each component of the program
- Redefine and evolve key performance metrics, identifying changes and problem as they arise, and offer solutions
- Partner with content product teams and product to create content tailored to each phase of the user journey
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search engines and markets. Partner with the analytics team to create and deliver SEO performance reports, and provide actionable insights to other marketing channels and internal stakeholders
- Build a roadmap of experiments and initiatives to drive organic traffic, engagement, leads and pipeline
- Implement SEO changes and updates (meta description, page titles, schema markup, microdata, etc.) to maximize ServiceNow’s ranking
- Use various tools including but not limited to SEO tools and web analytics tools (Analytics, Search Console, Screaming Frog, SEMRush, Sitebulb, BrightEdge, SearchMetrics, etc.) to support the compilation of data and develop recommendations
- Provide detailed competitive analysis and ensure ServiceNow is maintaining authority across key business units and keyword themes
- Stay abreast on top trends, best practices, and algorithms to continually develop winning strategies
To be successful in this role you have:
- 4+ years of hands-on SEO experience, preferably with a large scale B2B SaaS organization
- Deep understanding of search optimization tactics, both content and technical, and the impact of each tactic
- Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion and review
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS and SEO implications
- Strong analytical mindset and critical thinking skills
- Expert experience with MS Excel
- Familiarity with SERP layouts for different devices (desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Passion for metrics and quantitative analysis, and ability to translate complex concepts into requirements with clear business outcomes