Full Job Description
Reporting to Sr. Director, Customer Experience, the Senior Manager, Customer Experience is responsible for the strategic planning, Customer Experience, and overall success of the Cendyn customer relationships with assigned strategic and growth customer accounts. The primary focus of the role will be to develop relationships with customer hotel executives and decision makers within existing customers to successfully expand utilization of Cendyn’s products and services. The role requires strategic planning and consultative selling, while interfacing with senior level decision makers in the hospitality landscape.
In addition, this position is accountable for partnering with others to introduce Cendyn’s new products and product enhancements, ongoing training, and communicating customer related enhancement requests to the product team.
- Manage Customer Relationships
- Review and communicate performance and strategy to clients
- Identify, resolve, and/or escalate potential client issues
- Contact clients on a regular basis including in-depth weekly or monthly calls to review campaign performance, suggesting additional digital marketing strategies and campaign optimizations to continuously improve results
- Drive Customer Success Outcomes
- Optimize renewal rates and minimize customer churn
- Expand our revenue in accounts through cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Assess current business strategies and recommend “best practices” to drive customer performance and success
- Build and maintain ongoing business partner relationships and develop methods of customer success management that allow for continuous improvement in customer satisfaction
- Acts flexibly and responsibly to meet customer requirements
- Help to Manage Customer Experience Team Activities
- Customer: Onboarding, Training, Professional Services, Renewals, Cross-sell / Up-sell, Advocacy
- Establish credibility and customer confidence by implementing regular customer communication, in-person visits and performance reviews
- Understand client needs/objectives, develop strategies and recommendations with our Cendyn products to improve key performance metrics and drive revenue
- Provide regular performance and strategy reviews with each client
- Manage projects involving clients and various internal Cendyn departments
- Conduct analyses of clients’ business challenges, needs, competitive landscape, and future plans to improve how our product can address these needs
- Provide input and feedback, from a business user’s perspective to the Cendyn Product group
- Identify opportunities for ongoing learning and improvements to ensure full satisfaction by each customer
- Identify and maximize opportunities to build long term relationships that are mutually beneficial
- Make high impact presentations to influence customer actions
- Use Salesforce, Zendesk, and other Digital Marketing products to communicate and track customer interactions
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing and advertising channels, including: Display Advertising, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media and Mobile Marketing
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- 4+ years of experience in account management
- 4+ years of experience in Digital Marketing
- Additional experience in these areas is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in Hotel Operations or equivalent experience
- Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills and business acumen
- Account / Relationship Management – ability to retain and grow accounts, with a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Experience in Microsoft Windows-based office tools including presentation software, database software and desktop applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Basic abilities with SharePoint and Smartsheet are a plus.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions, and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment
This job operates in a home office or office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled heat/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m and subject to changes by Manager’s communication and may have to accommodate client schedules in different international time zones.
This position could require up to 15% travel
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This is a remote position.