Full Job Description
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
At ReachLocal, A Gannett, Inc. company and part of the USA Today Network, we offer a total digital marketing system for local businesses, comprised of web presence solutions digital advertising solutions. Our mission is to help local businesses around the world get more customers. We believe in working hard to deliver results for our clients – and having fun while we build meaningful relationships with everyone around us. That is why we are one of the first digital marketing companies to achieve the Local Search Association (LSA) Certification and have been named a Facebook Marketing Partner, a select group of companies recognized for their ability to drive exceptional advertising and marketing results from Facebook.
The National Brand Director will be responsible for the successful execution of digital marketing programs and media plans that support the strategic goals and revenue objectives of ReachLocal’s Brand partners. Reporting to the Senior Director of National Partnerships, this role will focus on a go-to-market strategy to drive revenue growth within strategic accounts across platforms, concentrating in search, SEO, social, targeted display and general digital solutions.
This individual should have proven ability to build, develop, and lead an effective account management team. They should also be skilled in managing client relationships as well as developing and driving strategies to grow existing brands.
In this role you will:
- Drive multi-media marketing solutions sales focusing on the critical large, local business sector with local or regional decision makers, often with multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Define brand strategy and deliver measurable growth of brand product and revenue adoption.
- Directly manage, coach, develop and train account management team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across product, client services, client solutions and sales operations to strengthen and elevate strategic relationships with regional and national brands.
- Develop advertising prospect and drive active participation in business organizations and industry groups that lend to the business growth areas.
- Serve as a subject matter expert at industry events, trade shows and client conventions.
- Articulate the REACHLOCAL | USA TODAY Network value proposition and prove ROI with data.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work independently in a highly-demanding, fast-paced environment. Work with C-level clients, corporate and matrix organizations.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills to manage multiple ongoing projects with a strong sense of ownership, drive, and urgency.
- 5+ years of proven outside sales and business development success
- Healthcare industry experience highly preferred
- Sales experience with digital marketing products and services preferred
- Ability to work remotely and independently
- Willing to travel up to 50%
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at Recruit@gannett.com.