420 North Wabash Ave Suite 650 Chicago, IL 60611
Digital Marketing Manager – Lead Generation
CURE Epilepsy is seeking a highly engaged and dedicated Digital Marketing Manager who is looking for an
exciting opportunity where s/he can make a difference in the lives of others.
Overview of CURE Epilepsy:
One in 26 Americans will develop epilepsy in their lifetime. For many of them, that means uncontrollable
seizures, stigma and discrimination in their communities, and sharply increased risks of health complications and
death. They need much more than efforts to manage their seizures – they need a cure.
For more than 20 years, CURE Epilepsy has been on an unrelenting search for that cure. Founded in 1998 by
Susan Axelrod and a small group of fellow parents, CURE Epilepsy was born out of their shared frustration over
the current state of epilepsy treatment. While the focus at that time centered on treating seizures and
symptoms, that approach offered little relief for the 30% of epilepsy patients who don’t respond to treatment.
Axelrod and her fellow founders knew it was time to change the conversation from treating to curing epilepsy –
and they dared to believe a cure was possible.
As the nonprofit leader in epilepsy research and the only organization solely dedicated to finding a cure for
epilepsy, we’ve worked to shift the focus from merely managing symptoms to understanding the causes of this
complex condition. With 3.4 million Americans and 65 million people worldwide living with epilepsy, CURE
Epilepsy is committed to furthering patient-focused research that can ultimately deliver the answers they need.
The Digital Marketing Manager – Lead Generation is responsible for driving online lead generation and rapidly
growing CURE Epilepsy’s email list and social media audience of prospective donors. This position is integral in
developing compelling programming and advertising strategies to build awareness, grow and engage our
audience and convert them to donors. Primary goals include building awareness of epilepsy and CURE Epilepsy’s
mission across all key channels, increasing the number of marketable leads, and inspiring our new and existing
audiences to take both online and offline action in helping CURE Epilepsy achieve its mission.
• Enhance and manage SEO and SEM to support advertising, social, and website, including recommending and
updating website sections to support organizational priorities, as appropriate. Work across organization to
ensure all social and web content is keyword optimized to elevate visibility and searchability across
- Develop and implement effective advertising strategies to drive lead generation efforts, including creating
ads and/or retargeting ads, executing campaigns, evaluating results, optimizing Google Ads & Google Grant,
and implementing A/B ad testing. Collaborate within the MarCom team and across Development and
Research to optimize timing and placement.
- Collect, monitor, and analyze results for all lead generation activities, awareness building campaigns, donor
engagement and conversion efforts, and any other efforts that may be needed. Provide monthly updates, or
more often, as appropriate. Develop and present findings, make recommendations to improve approach,
and implement necessary improvements. Share results within and across internal teams.
- Manage website developer relationship, including identifying website enhancements and improvements,
ensuring they are managed on time and on budget.
- Develop and understand segmentation for new and existing leads. Identify and plan approaches to engage
segments and leads, optimize engagement, customer retention, and donor conversion across the web and
digital channels, including web content, landing pages, online forms, etc. Work in coordination with Digital
Marketing – Content Manager when appropriate.
- Ensure all content, ads, etc. are created in a brand compliant fashion.
- Stay up-to-date on new digital media technologies, their capabilities, best practices, and how other
organizations are using them, in an effort to become early adopters of these technologies.
420 North Wabash Ave Suite 650 Chicago, IL 60611
- Provide day-to-day budget management and oversight for key projects.
- Project management.
- Additional job responsibilities as required.
Advertising Campaign Execution & Content
• Excellent understanding of all aspects of creating paid and organic content for Social Media (especially
- Skilled at developing customer targets, placing, monitoring, measuring, and optimizing ads across social
- Effective at creating and evaluating A/B tests.
- Facility with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design package is a plus.
- Strong writing skills.
• Excellent understanding of website CMS (WordPress, Drupal, etc.).
- Strong understanding of web analytics (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel etc.).
- Skilled at SEO, from both a technical and writing perspective.
- Experience working with designers and developers.
Data-Driven Approach to Decision Making
• Strong understanding of standard digital and social marketing KPIs.
- Skilled at analytics and presentations. Comfortable analyzing, making and presenting recommendations, and
- Excellent Excel Skills; proficient across other Microsoft Office Applications.
Budget Development & Management
• Experience with budget development and management.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or another related field.
- Team player who is also a strong independent thinker.
- Innovative thinker with a minimum of 6+ years of digital marketing.
- Comfortable being both strategic and hands-on.
- Proven track record of driving lead generation and audience conversion to donors (customers).
- Highly detail-oriented and precise.
- Excellent project management skills and at balancing multiple projects at a time.
- Experience with content creation across email, web and social channels.
- Exceptional written and analytic skills and demonstrated track record of developing creative solutions.
- Can do attitude.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced working environment, highly resourceful, and works gracefully under pressure
- Preference for Chicago-based employee, though remote candidates will be considered.
Please send resumes with salary requirements to email@example.com