Mobile App User Acquisition Specialist – Gannett – McLean, VAFull Time
Full Job Description
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Do you A/B test your morning coffee selection?
Do you love apps and being on the edge of new product development?
Then this is the job for you.
What we do:
We are a passionate, high-performing Growth Marketing team who is obsessed with testing and optimizing the entire funnel. And we have a lot of fun doing it.
What you’ll do.
It all starts with you, at the top of the funnel.
We’re looking for a skilled ASO specialist to join our world-class Growth Marketing team. You will support the planning and optimization of our owned and operated mobile acquisition efforts for 200+ local and national news apps. In this role you will build the ASO plan and coordinate efforts across multiple teams.
Not only will own organic top-of-funnel app testing and optimization strategies, but you’ll also collaborate with our exclusivity spectrum product manager to optimize the customer journey from anonymous to known.
The specialist supports the app growth marketing manager in developing and executing a full-funnel app growth strategy. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow professionally.
This is a remote position, looking for US candidates only.
- Working with product, marketing, news, and content distribution teams; scale and optimize organic install campaigns through owned and operated channels.
- Develop, launch, and track tests leveraging analytics tools and testing platforms like Google Experiments, and iOS’s Custom Product Pages and Product Page Testing features
- Working with business insights and analytic teams, measure the performance of your ASO campaigns and their impact on the conversion funnel.
- Working with native product and SEO teams, continuously track, analyze, research, and optimize to improve app store rankings and organic traffic of our top portfolio apps, as well as conduct competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with product, app conversion, and free-to-paid managers to align user acquisition strategies with lead conversion strategies
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of mobile /app marketing experience, with an emphasis on A/B tests across multiple platforms including Google Experiments, Custom Product Pages and Product Page Optimization
- Knowledge of 3rd party business intelligence and keyword research tools like App Annie and AppFigures
- Strong understanding of attribution analytics/MMPs.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Google Play and App Store guidelines and app trends
Soft skills needed to do the job…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present and explain results with quantitative information.
- A team player who likes to compete with themselves and cheer for everyone else.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. As such, we will consider all qualified applicants for employment and do not discriminate in connection with employment decisions on the basis of an applicant or employee’s race, color, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance (including height and weight), sexual orientation, family responsibilities, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), education, genetic characteristics or information, political affiliation, military or veteran status or other classifications protected by applicable federal, state and local laws in the jurisdictions where Gannett employs employees. In addition, Gannett Co., Inc. will provide applicants who require a reasonable accommodation, as a result of an applicant’s disability or religion, to complete this employment application and/or any other process in connection with an individuals’ application for employment with Gannett Co., Inc. Applicants who require such accommodation should contact Gannett Co., Inc.’s Recruitment Department at [email protected].