WebstaurantStore, the world’s largest online restaurant supply company, is looking for entry-level candidates who possess strong writing and research skills to join our growing company as Content Writers. This role focuses on developing engaging written content for our website and is a key part of growing our business and serving the purchasing needs of foodservice professionals worldwide.
As a Content Writer, you will:
- Write in-depth product descriptions with the perfect blend of creative and technical writing skills
- Write and edit a variety of content including articles, blogs, and other supportive text
- Regularly correspond with external vendors and internal departments to complete projects
- Edit product descriptions and supportive text throughout our website
- Work on special projects such as video transcripts and maintaining internal resources
- Manage an ongoing task list of special projects and several hundred product descriptions per week
- Participate in team meetings and product trainings
- Communicate with the Purchasing, Digital Content, Photo, Video, Design, and SEO departments to complete projects on deadline
We are looking for driven, motivated candidates who:
- Have solid written and verbal communication skills
- Are self-motivated to complete work assignments
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Are able to multi-task
- Have familiarity with SEO best practices regarding content
- Are receptive to feedback on their work
- Take initiative to solve problems independently
- Are willing to learn new tasks and new software
- Can adopt our writing style
- Have superior research skills
- Are willing to suggest improvements related to site features
- Are familiar with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical/dental insurance, wellness programs, gym membership reimbursement, and a 401k with company match. Employees also enjoy regular food service industry training from top manufacturers and product experts.
As a WebstaurantStore remote employee, you’ll enjoy the same training and support to be successful in your position as employees at our physical corporate locations. We stay connected through video meetings, training sessions, and collaborative forums, and provide opportunities for you to connect with other employees from across the country personally and professionally.
If you’re ready for a challenge and have the ambition to succeed in a fast-paced, growing industry, we’d love to discuss the Content Writer position with you! Submit your resume and apply online today.
Remote work qualifications
- Access to a reliable and secure high-speed internet connection. Cable or fiber internet connections (at least 75mbps download/10mbps upload) are preferred, as satellite connections often cannot support the technologies used to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Access to a home router and modem.
- A dedicated home office space that is noise- and distraction-free. The space should have strong wireless connection or a wired Ethernet connection (wired connection is preferred, if possible).
- A valid, physical address (apartment, suite, etc.). PO Boxes are not supported, as a physical address is required for you to receive your computer equipment.
- The desire and ability to work and communicate with other team members via chat, webcam, etc.
- Legal residents of one of the following states: (AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, and WY). H-1B Visa Sponsorship Not Available, W2 only.