Assistant Editor Manager, Content Marketing (remote) – Profound Strategy – Dallas, TXFull Time
$67,500 – $73,500 a year
Full Job Description
Are you a wordsmith who gets excited about helping others hone the craft? Does the thrill of content marketing keep you up at night? Do you daydream about the possibility of a team of writers and editors who create content that is well-written, effectively targeted, and grammatically perfect?
Profound Strategy delivers a modern, unique suite of SEO products and services that deliver predictable, reliable, and scalable growth for clients. Our fast-paced, collaborative, tight-knit team is already trusted by some of the world’s largest tech companies, including Atlassian and Adobe.
Modern SEO depends on creative, engaging, and useful online content, and that is exactly what our growing team of editors provides. As the Assistant Editor Manager, Content Marketing, you help the Editor Manager grow, support, and improve each individual Profound Strategy editor, encouraging the continual improvement of our editorial team and its processes as a whole.
The Assistant Editor Manager, Content Marketing also works directly with our freelance content team to support the extremely high quality of our content production. We actively recruit and rigorously vet the best freelance writers for our clients’ work, and you will have the opportunity to assist in growing and supporting this team.
If you are an experienced editor who is interested in helping others develop as well, if you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills (especially with remote teams), and if you get excited about the opportunity to continue building a team of world-class content creators—we want to hear from you!
The right candidate for this role is a self-starter, who thrives in a busy digital environment, and is excited to continue improving the employee experience for our editors and our content team.
Core Assistant Editor Manager, Content Marketing Responsibilities
- Support the Editor Manager with a variety of responsibilities to maximize the effectiveness of our editorial team as a whole
- Contractor writer recruitment
- Ongoing training and development for editors and writers
- Content production support as needed
- Campaign support and supervision to ensure deliverables stay on-track through writing and revisions
- Support Editor Manager in creating, refining, and running operations, processes, and systems for the editorial team
- Support Editor Manager and Product Manager in creating and maintaining documentation related to the editorial role
- Partner with the Editor Manager and Product Manager to implement editorial process and product improvements
Requirements and Competencies
- Proven writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least four years of related professional experience
- At least two years of leadership experience
- Relevant content marketing experience, preferably in-house or in an agency setting
- Driven and self-directed in a fast-paced virtual work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Experience using online tools for project management and communication
- General understanding of SEO is a big plus
This salaried position is full-time. Salary range is $67,500 – $73,500 depending on experience. Profound Strategy also offers PTO, health, vision, dental, 401k, FSA, and other benefits. Hours are generally 8AM to 5PM, Central.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,500.00 – $73,500.00 per year