Freelance Editor – Looper.com
Full Job Description
Static Media’s site Looper is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance editors to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least one year of experience editing content for print or the web with a focus on movie and TV content similar to Looper. They will be versatile, self-sufficient, and possess team management experience and demonstrated leadership skills. This position is work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
Looper is the go-to source for the movies, TV shows and video games we all love. We’re addicted to all things superhero and Star Wars, but we’re not afraid to binge watch some reality TV when the mood strikes. Whether it’s a deep dive into all the hot shows you should be watching, unraveling the timelines and analyzing the endings of TV’s biggest hits, highlighting the best deleted scenes, or uncovering the truth about reality TV’s strangest stars, Looper has endless entertainment.
- Edit and publish articles, focusing on accuracy, clarity, and SEO
- Send feedback to writers as needed
- Coordinate content and coverage with content strategy team
- Follow our style guide, editorial strategy, and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $23 per hour
Minimum one year of experience editing and writing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
How to apply:
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Three samples of work you’ve edited professionally (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
- Three published writing samples (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications missing any of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $23.00 per hour
Work Location: Remote