Freelance Writer – Affinity Sites – Dallas, TXFreelance
Who we are looking for:
The Affinity Sites editorial team is currently seeking freelance writers for the following sites:
- 21Oak (Home design and decor)
- PawTracks (Pets)
- NewFolks (Parenting)
- ToughJobs (B2B)
- BlissMark (Beauty and wellness)
- HappySprout (Gardening and outdoor living)
Please check out our sites via the links above and let us know which you may be interested in writing for!
Individuals should be team-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and a self-starter mentality. Must be able to work within our tech-centric platforms, possess a willingness to continually learn, adapt to a changing environment, and step in where help is needed. Prior experience with WordPress is a must-have trait. Great candidates are capable of managing multiple assignments/tasks in a structured environment without missing deadlines.
Each month, you’ll be assigned evergreen content which is highly researched to rank for SEO. We’re looking for someone who is a competent writer and self-editor with a passion for improving content, educating readers, and enhancing the visibility of the content on each site. The ability to research and provide great insight to our readers is a must, as is the ability to update existing content as needed and source appropriate imagery via Shutterstock, Getty Images, and similar sites.
The ideal candidate has experience as a writer of similar content to our sites, the ability to meet deadlines without fail, and the desire to dive right into helping craft publishable content in WordPress. The ability to help writers submit airtight copy using excellent editorial judgment is crucial.
What you’ll do:
- Write several (likely a dozen or more) articles monthly as assigned by editors and content specialists.
- Update performant articles as assigned by editors.
- Source imagery for your articles.
- Collaborate with editors and content specialists.
- Pitch content you are passionate about.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience as an writer for online publications.
- Excellent writing and self-editing skills.
- Experience sourcing imagery.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Project Management software skills preferred – Asana experience a plus.
- Knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and provide feedback effectively.
- Superior time management skills.
- Experience working with WordPress.
How to apply:
Submit the following info:
- The site(s) listed above you’d like to write for.
- Resume with relevant writing or journalism experience.
- Writing samples: Send three published clips of your writing.
- Other relevant links: Add a link to your LinkedIn profile or online portfolio.