Full Job Description
The Talent Attraction Specialist is accountable for supporting Geisinger’s talent management programs related to talent attraction, sourcing, acquisition, selection, joining and retention of defined hard-to-fill positions. The Talent Attraction Specialist is a critical and key member in terms of achieving marketing, sourcing, attraction, retention and quality of hire/retention goals. In partnership with the assigned Talent Acquisition Specialist or Talent Management Consultant, will play a strong role in executing the defined talent management programs and strategies throughout departments, entities and institutes or service lines across Geisinger. Will develop and implement a digital search strategy and utilize Boolean logic, PowerSearch strings, XRay, FlipSearch strings, etc. while discovering new and creative ways to engage with passive candidates.
- Leverages relationships with internal partners (sales and marketing, corporate communications, IT, HR Generalist) and external partners (media planners, vendors, etc.) to assess the competition and implement measurable (key metrics) talent attraction strategies and programs.
- Demonstrates expertise on the Geisinger talent brand (Employee Value Proposition) and how it relates to the consumer brand; develops active and passive strategies for specific roles, regions and platforms.
- Develops and fosters relationships as a talent strategist in partnership with assigned Talent Acquisition Specialist or Talent Management Consultant.
- Identifies business challenges, recommends, implements and measures innovative talent solutions.
- Builds relationships with a diverse cross-section of colleges and universities and community and education groups to create partnerships, training programs, workforce plans and alumni programs to build pipelines for identified hard-to-recruit positions.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive ability to utilize new technology to locate candidate profiles in resume databases and other search engines.
- Sources talent using a variety of creative solutions including Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), social media channels, job boards, journals, professional associations, networking, conferences, online groups and other talent communities.
- Collaborates with assigned Talent Acquisition Specialist or Talent Management Consultant to conduct intake session including a review of the approved job description, identify the core competencies desired, the most important -3 preferred requirements of a top candidate, team environment and unique aspects of the opportunity (employee value proposition); develops passive candidate strategies which will market the position to targeted audience.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of all applicable laws and regulations and the ability to screen qualified applicants based on minimum and preferred qualifications.
- Maintains current knowledge and education of regulations, laws and policies which impact specific positions.
- Develops creative programs and strategies designed to attract and engage passive talent for identified hard-to-recruit positions.
- Develops and utilizes reports, analytics and data related to talent attraction and first-year retention.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- May require overnight or weekend travel to national conferences or regional career fairs
- Prior experience with sourcing and building candidate pipelines for physician and advanced practitioner roles preferred
- Ties or familiarity with Geisinger service area in Northeast and Central Pennsylvania a plus.
- Experience with sourcing tools – PracticeMatch, PracticeLink, Doximity, etc preferred
Employee Value Proposition: Engaging culture and team, abundance of sourcing & marketing resources to build talent pipelines, competitive total rewards and work-life balance.
Bachelor’s Degree-Human Resources Management (Required)
Minimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required), Minimum of 1 year-Healthcare (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.