Urban Outfitters, Inc. is seeking a business focused, technology savvy, Associate SEO Analyst. The SEO Analyst will partner with the SEO team in overseeing the SEO program across URBN’s Technology team; a centralized group, tightly aligned with brands specializing in customer experience, product management, testing & analysis, digital strategy, and technical program management. The Digital Analyst is the SEO ‘voice of the brands’ but champion of URBN Digital Strategy. The Associate Analyst acts as the gateway from Technology to Brands, always striving to enhance natural search performance and staying on top of SEO best practices, impactful content strategies, industry updates, and new search trends.
- Collaborate & Align – Work across brands (Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, BHLDN, Terrain, Nuuly), Central SEO Team and URBN Tech development/product teams to drive a universal set of URBN SEO requirements and recommendations that tie back to URBN digital strategies.
- Define – Document high level SEO needs associated with new site features and content needs. Assist in prioritizing the work as it relates to SEO across the organization.
- Content Strategy – Assist brands in unique, brand-focused content strategies for various page and promotion types. Provide recommendations that make content most discoverable & rankable by search engines.
- Maintain– Audit new features as they relate to SEO, work with SEO Program Manager, Digital Product Managers and Technology QA to help regress existing features to confirm developed changes will not hinder SEO performance. Monitor various SEO tools, both internal and external, to recommend SEO initiatives & content needs. Perform continuous site auditing and recommend scalable solutions.
- Innovate & Improve– Assist SEO team in auditing existing URBN sites to identify areas of SEO deficiencies as it pertains to both best practices and competitive analysis within digital ecommerce industry. Assist in building an annual roadmap that constantly drives change and add high value SEO enhancements across the organization. Using data, bring new ideas & recommendations to brands to further grow natural search.
- Analyze & Report – Analyze SEO performance & KPI data with goal of driving natural search sessions & exposure across the URBN organization. Report SEO performance, advising on what features will enhance performance go-forward. Give ad hoc recommendations on taxonomy, content strategy, content gaps, and navigation needs
- Educate & Communicate– Act as an educator for SEO across the URBN organization assuring universal understanding and alignment on SEO content priorities. Deliver consistent communication on SEO priorities to relevant teams on a regular basis.
- 1-2 years’ experience in SEO; E-Commerce or related industry is a plus
- Ability to communicate SEO requirements, effectively across cross-functional teams
- Ability to understand technical feedback and the impact on digital product roadmaps
- Experience with tactical SEO projects such as keyword research, entry page analysis, keyword trends, competitor analysis, duplicate content management, faceted navigation & taxonomy recommendations
- Experience with SEO content strategy
- Experience with tools such as SEMRush, BrightEdge, Lumar, Moz, Screaming Frog and Google Analytics, Google Search Console are a plus
Urban Outfitters, Inc. celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression), religion, creed, age, physical or mental disability, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, citizenship, service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. We believe strongly in fostering a safe, fair and respectful work environment. To ensure compliance with our non-discrimination and anti-harassment policies, we offer anti-harassment training to managers and employees.