Sr. Web & Digital Strategist – Opportunity for Working Remotely Seattle, WA – VMware – Seattle, WAPart Time
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $97.5K – $123K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Seattle, WA.
Full Job Description
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
The world is changing fast! Corporations, governments, schools, hospitals are all feeling immense pressure to offer work from anywhere or buy from anywhere technology. They are in desperate need for an IT infrastructure that lets employees and customers access applications from any device, anywhere, on any cloud, all while being secure. VMware provides the solution. You won’t find another company that offers the breath of innovative technology designed for an unpredictable world. This is why you will love working for one of the most highly regarded brands in the IT and Cloud Services industry. Our 350,000 enterprise and business customers (which includes 98% of Fortune 500) rely on VMware to make their digital transformation possible.
As the Sr. Web Strategist your primary focus is aimed at defining and shaping the end-to-end web journey for VMware’s audiences. Collaborating with internal stakeholders to develop strategies to enhance brand awareness, drive website traffic, generate demand and accelerate buying decisions to achieve business goals.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- The primary objective of this position is to define and shape the end-to-end personalized web journey that delivers an engaging user experience with compelling content that will drive an engagement rate of over 50% and an increase of over 10% in trial registrations
- You will need to define, orchestrate and implement content strategies that elevate brand awareness, enhance our storytelling, drive deeper engagement in support of VMware’s SaaS transformation
- You will be expected to collaborate with key stakeholders to define and deliver programs that support business objectives, measuring and monitoring the overall health of your assigned area and providing monthly and quarterly business report readouts
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Provide strategic guidance on delivering a world-class web experience for VMware’s prospects and customers
- Provide copy writing and editing expertise, optimizing web pages and user experience (mobile & desktop) to ensure consistent storytelling for company, solutions, and product pages
- Act as a unifying force across the strategy and experience teams to establish best practice standards and quarterly optimization program highlights
- Champion and adhere to editorial best practices and web governance across the organization and regularly educate key stakeholders on these practices
- Identify KPIs, set targets, continuously monitor, and measure digital strategy effectiveness, and regularly deliver analysis and insights to key stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with colleagues at all levels of the organization to develop compelling digital content and experiences, and use performance metrics to drive learnings and future optimizations
- Support internal and external search and social media teams by understanding best practices and coordinating these across channels
- Partner closely with SEO team to ensure content is optimized for search engines and that SEO traffic is optimized for bounce rate and engagement
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills; must be comfortable working with data to drive optimizations
- Passion for all things digital marketing
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The manager for this position is Jory Martin. Jory has over 20 years’ experience in web marketing and over 10 years’ experience leading highly effective and accountable teams. He has a strong background in both web technologies and strategies. Jory believes in creating and fostering a safe environment where employees can bring their best selves to work, producing the best results.
Where is this role located?
Remote: the role is fully remote and can be done anywhere in the U.S.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing group classes
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-07-26
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.