Full Job Description
SimpsonScarborough is an integrated marketing and branding agency that serves higher education clients. We spend our days building brands that endure, inspire, and elevate the all-important work of colleges and universities in shaping our future. Recognized as a leader in the higher ed marketing industry, our company runs a fully remote team of approximately 75 employees coast to coast with collections of employees in Alexandria, VA.; Greenville, SC.; Rochester, NY; Los Angeles, CA; and Columbus, Ohio. You’ll have an opportunity to work alongside respected colleagues who are challenged in their roles, excited for the future, and make each other and our work better.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Strategist to join our growing digital team. As User Experience Strategist, you will be an integral part of all of our digital engagements. Your work will bind brand strategy and analytics to inform design and technology solutions for all of our client engagements. Specifically, you will be responsible for building information architecture strategies including site maps and taxonomy trees. You will contribute to the development of wireframes, user journeys, audience personas, and optimization exercises. You will collaborate with team members on content strategies, workshops, and usability-testing.
A successful candidate should be familiar with the dynamic-nature of university websites, including their audience characteristics and expectations. You should have an understanding of the role WCAG plays in UX decisions, best practices for SEO, and a working knowledge of how university website governance impacts your work.
- Working with clients in small and large teams to guide their UX direction
- Designing wireframes, mockups, workflows, and page concepts
- Develop information architecture strategies
- Presenting findings to clients and internal teams
- Writing functional specifications for development teams
- Consulting during UI design reviews to ensure usability heuristics and other UX best practices are achieved in the design system
- Mapping and evaluating user flows, and other UX research responsibilities
- Synthesizing findings and writing actionable strategy reports
- We believe in research, so we did ours. Relevant work experience is not a predictor of future performance. Both a bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent practical experiences will be treated equally
- 3-5 years of UX experience designing complex solutions for complete website environments
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Adobe XD, Sketch, and InVision are a must
- Familiar with CMS types, preferably Wordpress and Drupal
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision
- Expertise in user-centered design strategy and research
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Has extreme attention to project detail
- Must be self-motivated and have strong effective problem-solving skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary range begins at $75,000 and will extend based on candidate experience and capability.
- SimpsonScarborough offers a full benefits package, including nationwide health coverage, dental, vision, a 401k, unlimited PTO, paid parental leave, over 15 holidays per year as well as ½ day Fridays throughout the year (as workload allows), fully remote positions, and a WFH stipend.
SimpsonScarborough provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Come as you are; we will be proud to have you on our team!