SEO WriterFull Time
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
You’ll be responsible for producing high-quality content that helps our readers make smart decisions that better their lives. You may cover topics including online privacy, internet providers, antivirus software, identity theft protection software, VPNs, and more. You will also contribute to pitching ideas and updating existing content.
The ideal candidate has a genuine passion for educating readers on tech and digital security topics. You can easily adapt to various content types including short- and long-form stories, product and service reviews, research studies and reports, SEO-driven content, and trending topics without missing a beat. You balance SEO best practices with writing engaging, consumer-focused content, and you understand the difference in approach between SEO versus syndication content.
Success Looks Like
- Helping readers understand digital security and technology, including complex concepts, so they can make smart decisions about their online privacy and security software
- Producing precise and engaging stories while maintaining high-quality standards with minimal input from editors
- Writing approximately 5 stories per week (an average of a couple thousand words per day), depending on story type, length, and complexity
- Pitching 12-15 stories a month that align with our business strategy and audience’s interest
- Identifying technology and cybersecurity trends and timely industry insights, helping us understand where to focus our attention
- Responding to media requests and serving as an ambassador of All About Cookies as needed
- Growing and fostering the All About Cookies brand as a top destination for digital security and technology information and recommendations
- Working with the editorial team to ensure existing content stays fresh and accurate
- Understanding SEO best practices
- Bringing your own area of digital security and technology expertise to the table
- Implementing a data-driven approach and honing your ability to interpret and incorporate data to strengthen a story
What You Need to Succeed
- 2+ years of professional writing experience
- Expert knowledge and passion for all things tech and digital security
- Versatility to tackle a mix of story types
- Willingness to jump in and help where needed
- Excellent time management and ability to meet deadlines with multiple projects
- Strong communication skills
Extra points for:
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Deep knowledge of cybersecurity, digital security products, and internet topics
- A data-driven approach and ability to interpret and incorporate data to strengthen a story
- Familiarity with AP style as well as tools similar to Google Docs, Asana, and Slack
From Day One, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!