Full Job Description
About the Role:
The SEO Strategist is responsible for the strategy, production, and success for various clients’ search engine optimization services. The role is not responsible for doing all the work—but is responsible for seeing that it gets done, that it matches the strategy, and that it drives ROI for the client. This role requires collaboration across the company on the biggest accounts, while also serving as one of Rocket55’s subject matter experts in SEO.
- Serve as one of Rocket55’s many subject matter experts in SEO
- Provide high-level strategy for Rocket55’s SEO clients, based on analysis of site performance, algorithm changes, and SEO best practices
- Provide creative strategies for clients that demonstrate an evolved knowledge of search engine algorithms
- Identify and report on KPIs as agreed upon by client and strategist
- Report on site performance – including successes, failures, and opportunities – directly to clients
- Serve as primary point of contact for investigating new opportunities related to sales and new business development
- Uncover trends in analytics data that lead to actionable recommendations for improved site performance
- Provide monthly insights on client performance, via reports and meetings
- Provide high-value client deliverables that incorporate strategic recommendations with insights gained from data analysis and SEO tools
- Work with members of the Content & SEO Digital Marketing team to produce deliverables by delegating tasks—including keyword maps, writing tasks, and other production tasks
- Work with members of the Accounts team to plan client work/deliverables each month, staying within each clients’ monthly allotment of hours
- Follow SEO best practices as identified by reputable resources including Google and high-authority SEO blogs to incorporate into overall strategy
- Direct and oversee content optimization and creation of new content as dictated by overall site strategy
- Attend new business meetings and client meetings, serving as an SEO subject matter expert
- Background in Digital PR and creative link-building strategies
Additional Tasks, as Applicable:
- Conversion tracking (basic and advanced)
- Google Data Studio builds
- Provide direction for new web builds, including performing opportunity audits, annotating wireframes and giving feedback on sitemaps
- Support for sales team, by performing partial or complete SEO Sales audits
- Other duties as assigned
- Deep, holistic understanding of search engine algorithms
- Data analysis
- Keyword research and keyword mapping
- Google Suite including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console
- Technical SEO
- Client-facing verbal and written skills
- Ability to delegate work and provide mentorship and direction
- Ability to sell and advocate for ideas, internally and externally
- Business acumen and initiative
About Rocket55 (rocket55.com):
Rocket 55 is a leading, full-service digital agency with a proven track record of delivering results for our clients. While digital has become a popular bolt-on service for many traditional agencies, we have been an innovative leader in the digital space for the last decade. Our breadth and depth of expertise is hard to match.
We are a growth-focused business, having made the Inc. 5000 list in 5 of its 11 years. Our continual growth has allowed us the opportunity to not only promote from within, but to attract additional team members who are absolutely passionate about client outcomes and honing their expertise. We are the perfect fit for people who love a fast-paced work environment; where evolution is an exciting, continual part of their daily lives. We do our best to leave our egos at the door and embrace problems from a mindset of curiosity towards improvement.
We strongly believe that diversity in all forms makes for a stronger organization. If you value an environment that embraces and rewards performance, alongside collaboration, then Rocket55 would be a great fit for you.
About the Rocket55 Client Services Team:
Our multi-level account management approach allows us to provide top-notch service to our clients. You’ll be joining a team of organized, detail oriented, and results focused individuals who are always looking for an opportunity to grow in their careers and provide clients with innovative solutions.
- Rocket55 also offers Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. Along with Competitive Compensation, PTO, and IRA Benefits