RNL is seeking talent for a SEO Strategist. As a partner-facing position, the SEO Strategist works very closely with both internal teams and external partners to ensure superior results are consistently generated. The Search Engine Optimization Strategist is responsible for analyzing, reviewing and implementing websites that are optimized to be picked up by search engines.
The SEO Strategist will develop content to include keywords or phrases in order to increase traffic to website. SEO Strategist s conduct various testing methods in design, layout and advertising techniques in order to gain the most organic and paid traffic. The SEO Strategist will have in-depth knowledge of keyword research, SEO copywriting and the behaviors of search engines. SEO is an ever-changing landscape, so an SEO Strategist needs to be continuously learning and evolving.
Delivery excellence, innovative expertise, and culture are all important parts of the larger Integrated media team. The SEO Strategist is expected to be a strategic, capable of identifying issues, and implementing solutions, via a collaborative and positive process with the Director of SEO, who they would report to and work closely with.
The SEO Strategist will work with not only our SEO team, but our Integrated Media Strategy team. This individual would be responsible for overall search engine optimization delivery, solution innovation and development for their campus partner, and integration that leads and define measurement of results for our clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years’ experience with search engine optimization, technical audits, Google Analytics conversions, analytics, and overall marketing
- A passion for solving complex problems, collaborating with cross-functional leaders, and evolving and implementing solutions
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (not limited to)
- Reviewing and analyzing client sites for areas that can be improved and optimized
- Preparing and delivering detailed strategy reports
- Identifying powerful keywords to drive the most valuable traffic
- Developing link building strategies
- Analyzing keywords and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Compiling and presenting SEO guidelines
- Working directly with internal teams, external partners and vendors to deliver organic strategy that drives quality volume, improves conversions, and increases overall performance.
- Interpreting research and provide insight and thought leadership that effectively translates brand marketing objectives into succinct to search engine optimization strategy that drive results and performance.
- Researching and implementing new techniques and/or technologies that are relevant for partners SEO and content development campaigns
- Work closely with the content writers to align strategy and content development to campus partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
- Contemporary understanding of search engine ranking factors and strategies to improve SERP performance
- 1+ years’ experience using BrightEdge or another search engine management platforms
- such as SEMrush, Ahrefs, or similar
- 1+ years’ experience using Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other tools to assess and monitor web and organic search performance
- Experience developing effective visual presentations using PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Higher education, non-profit, or service sector experience preferred
- Ability to maintain and work in a remote home office
- Must be able to work in an environment where the noise level is moderate
- This job operates in an office setting and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets
- This is largely a sedentary role; Infrequent light physical effort is required (minimum of five pounds)