The SEO Specialist / CMS Editor position is primarily responsible for managing and executing SEO (Search Engine Optimization), as well as for updating and maintaining website content via one or more CMS’s (Content Management System). Collaborates with internal and external resources on select initiatives from concept through execution and daily maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technical skills –
- Proven ability to craft web pages that perform strongly in SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
- Strong understanding of the current best practices for SEO, especially for Google.
- Extensive experience working in a CMS environment – updating web pages, uploading documents, etc.
- Familiar with the basics HTML and CSS
- Familiar with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and other SEO-helper tools (ie, Semrush or Brightedge).
- Excellent reporting skills – able to gather data and prepare reports on website performance
- MS Office experience (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent ‘people’ skills. Able to lead, follow and collaborate successfully in a fast-paced matrix environment spanning multiple geographies and cultural backgrounds at all organizational levels.
- Familiar with working in Agile and traditional (“waterfall”) project management environments.
- Highest personal integrity and self-motivation, successful self-starter with minimum supervision.
- Copywriting experience helpful, but not required
- Mechanical engineering experience and high-level understanding of electromechanical motion control products helpful but not required.
- Programming and scripting ability helpful, but not required.
Internal stakeholders will include Thomson product marketing, marketing communications, sales, customer service and corporate IT personnel. Important external relationships and/or oversight will include technology vendors, website contractors and content developers.
- Strengthening of SEO for Thomson’s websites
- Reporting on SEO-related KPIs
- Increase in number of relevant leads and customer engagement
- Website content is kept up-to-date and
- Accountability – takes ownership of expected outcomes
- Adaptability – takes a flexible approach to addressing opportunities; open to new and different ways of doing things
- Analytical Thinking – identifies patterns across data or situations that are not obviously related
- Drive and Determination – acts with persistence and tenacity and effectively addresses obstacles, strong work ethic
- Focus – shows high level of detail orientation and attention to tasks
- Problem Solving – methodically defines, investigates, and executes effective solutions
- Team Player – promotes trust, collaboration, and commitment within a team
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS degree in Marketing or Communications, or equivalent experience.
Physical Demand and Work Environment
Physical Demands – while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
Work Environment – The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As fully remote, the employee must be able to supply a space where undistracted work can take place (eg, an office, desk, spare bedroom, co-working space, etc).
Must be willing to travel by all forms of transportation. Position requires 0% travel apart from infrequent and optional in-person meetings.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an “”Altra Company.”” Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The “”EEO is the Law”” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to [email protected].