Location: Dearborn, MI
Department: Digital Marketing, D2C
Reports to: Director, Digital Marketing
Job Classification: Remote
Job Band: Professional
We are looking for an experienced SEO Manager to lead the search engine optimization of our e-commerce retail websites. As the SEO expert, you will be responsible for developing and executing SEO strategies that will increase our website’s visibility and traffic, improve our search engine rankings, and drive revenue growth. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of SEO best practices, and a proven track record of implementing successful SEO campaigns in an omnichannel, retail e-commerce environment.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
- Develop and implement effective SEO strategies to increase website traffic, improve search engine rankings, and drive revenue growth
- Collaborate with the development team to prioritize, ensure technical SEO best practices are implemented, including site speed optimization, mobile optimization, and schema markup – project managing all tickets to completion
- Establish, manage and track progress against SEO KPIs, including organic traffic, keyword rankings, and revenue generated through organic search, reporting back to the business on updates/ performance impact
- Maintain store location data on store pages and organic business listings (e.g. Yext).
- Manage the SEO copywriter and collaborate with the creative team to ensure development of high-quality, optimized content for the website, including product descriptions, category pages, and CLPs
- Lead development of keyword research and analysis to identify relevant keywords and optimize on-page content accordingly, ensuring regular audits occur with actionable recommendations for improvement
- Partner with cross-functional digital marketing, brand and product teams to provide insights that could positively impact other channels and wider business
- Stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends and best practices, and continuously improve our SEO strategy based on industry changes and updates
Bachelor’s Degree Required in Marketing or Related Field
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in SEO management, with a focus on e-commerce retail websites
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices, including on-page optimization, technical SEO, and link building
- Experience with keyword research and analysis tools e.g. Google Keyword Planner, SEMrush, etc.
- Experience with monitoring and analyzing website performance using tools like GA4 and Search Console etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate SEO recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project management and analytical skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and make data-driven decisions
Light Lifting (10-15 lbs.)
Remote location: Associate will have no regular requirement to be on-site. Travel on-site is limited to special events.