ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is searching for a curious and analytical SEO Content Strategist. Working under the SEO team, this person will work collaboratively with the Editorial team and be responsible for reviewing and defining topic/keyword opportunities, identifying gaps in content and testing opportunities as well as reporting on those findings, tests, etc. This person should be proficient in SEO Best Practices to fuel content strategy and will help identify opportunities for story-telling by diving into SEO research and providing actionable guidance. The SEO Content Strategist should possess a strong understanding in on and off page SEO, reporting and analysis, and be well-versed in tools like SEMRush, Moz, Google Search Console, Google Analytics & Google Sheets. Experience with editorial content creation and an interest in weddings are a plus.
- Perform content audits and opportunity analyses to summarize findings, create actionable recommendations, identify industry trends, and assist with content prioritization
- Analyze keywords, topic coverage, and SEO techniques used by competitors
- Identify new topic opportunities by conducting competitive analysis to identify gaps in content
- Assist with definition, testing, and launches of SEO related features for editorial content
- Provide weekly and monthly holistic organic reporting and create actionable insights
- Daily involvement in web analytics, including monitoring results of projects, locating problem areas and their causes, and providing actionable recommendations based on findings
- Ensure SEO Best Practices are met with articles including article structure, headings, topic coverage, URL structure, etc.
- Help advance technical SEO best practices ranging from XML Sitemaps, page speed, crawl/server errors, link analysis and clean-up, redirect implementation, and more
- Stay on top of SEO/digital marketing trends, Google algorithm updates, and new tools to create cutting-edge strategies
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 3+ years of experience in SEO; Publisher experience is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of various website analytics platforms and the use Google Search Console to identify and troubleshoot issues on an ongoing basis
- Experience conducting keyword research and Trends analysis with Google Trends as well as other tools to monitor real-time trends
- Experience and understanding of the effective use of technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, Ahrefs and Lighthouse to identify issues and opportunities
- Core understanding of basic HTML, CSS as it relates to SEO
- Well organized, team player with all-hands-on-deck attitude and an entrepreneurial mind-set
- JIRA experience a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Business or other related field preferred
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate and experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, and inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency and own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success and you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
We believe in a wide range of holistic offerings to support our employees so that they can live our values day in and day out. From mental wellbeing, physical health and financial planning, to engaging perks and discounts, we are in the business of celebrating and supporting the Moments that Matter both in and out of the “office”. We offer flexible vacation, generous parental leave and prioritize initiatives that support the growth, development, and happiness of our people.
TKWW’s approach to the future of work: At the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, TKWW pivoted all global employees to remote work while prioritizing physical and mental wellbeing. While the majority of our global offices are open and available at this time, all TKWW employees have the ability to work remotely full time through the length of 2022. Upon entering our “new normal”, TKWW will pilot a hybrid work model where employees will have additional flexibility. (Note: employees who were hired into remote positions will continue to work fully remotely.)
US Notice: The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.