Waste Dynamics is seeking a Senior SEO Strategist to support the continued success of our digital marketing team. The Senior SEO Strategist will work with an SEO and Content team of over 15 specialists to develop and execute an acquisition-focused organic search strategy. They will also be responsible for monitoring changes in the industry, sharing relevant knowledge with the broader team, and making strategic recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a dedicated SEO Strategist and familiarity with all facets of SEO, including content optimization, technical optimization, local search, analytics, and authority development. They will be a strong self-starter, who also values collaboration with a team. This position reports directly to the Director of SEO and will work with over 40 marketers, developers, and creatives across a portfolio of websites.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Candidate must be based out of the United States.
Based in Westlake, Ohio with a growing team of over 300 employees, Waste Dynamics has been recognized as one of America’s fastest growing tech companies by Deloitte (2018, 2017, 2016), one of the fastest-growing private companies by the Inc. 5000 (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015), one of the top fastest-growing companies in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s (2017, 2016, 2015), and a top workplace by The Plain Dealer (2021, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015).
In addition, our co-founders were named Entrepreneurs of the Year by EY (2016) and received the Inspiring Scaleup CEO Award from JumpStart (2016).
Senior SEO Strategist Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies to increase our reach in organic search, seeing them through from ideation to measurement.
- Map and implement keyword strategies across a wide range of content types, matching user intent to a marketing funnel.
- Review deliverables from the content and technology teams to ensure alignment with strategy and best practices.
- Monitor and assess ranking performance to identify and execute opportunities for improvement.
- Provide detailed analysis of our KPIs in regular reports presented to marketing and business stakeholders.
- Monitor industry news and algorithm changes to provide recommendations to the team for updates to best practices and potential impact on SEO strategies
- Conduct competitive research and make recommendations of new opportunities.
- Support regular maintenance of the website to maximize business performance.
- 4-5 years of SEO strategy experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a variety of teams.
- Ability to receive and act on constructive feedback for SEO strategies and tactics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to draw conclusions and take appropriate action.
- Familiarity with rank tracking and keyword research tools, such as SEMrush, Moz, STAT, Brightedge or Conductor.
- Proficiency with analytics tools including Google Analytics and Google Search Console.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. Marketing, Communications, Business) preferred.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS is a plus.
- Agency experience is a plus.