Full Job Description
We are a fully remote digital agency dedicated to driving sustainable, bottom-line growth for our clients. To accomplish these goals, we become an extension of our clients’ teams to create extraordinary web experiences.
Our team is comprised of top-notch people specializing in SEO, Paid Media, and WordPress Website Development. We mirror our industry — innovative, creative, and growing — but we also reflect a unique mission to build up those around us with our specialized skill sets.
Knucklepuck is committed to consciously embracing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture as an extension of our core values. We make our decisions based on Integrity, we nurture our team through Accountability, and we practice Empathy to foster genuine collaboration.
About the Position
You, our future Senior SEO Consultant, are motivated and highly engaged from the beginning. We offer the opportunity for you to make an impact on how we execute SEO strategies as an agency and to share in that success with a team that embraces a commitment to work-life balance.
We are looking for someone who can step in and make an immediate impact on our SEO team. We need someone who can identify optimization opportunities and execute a tactical plan to drive organic growth. We expect you to understand how to evaluate keyword targets, optimize on-page content, and promote the expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness of our clients’ websites.
The Senior SEO Consultant is critical to ensuring Knucklepuck is consistently innovating and improving how we deliver SEO growth for our clients. Your expertise will help shape Knucklepuck’s growth, ensuring we are delivering modern and innovative solutions that drive results.
This is a client-facing role, so you will engage directly with our clients to align on expectations, communicate progress of our SEO initiatives, and report on the impact of those initiatives. We hire for soft skills because these are critical for removing roadblocks and advancing our SEO efforts.
You will report to the Marketing Manager and will work closely with SEO Strategists, SEO Consultants, and Junior SEO Consultants to support Knucklepuck’s growing client portfolio.
Success in this role means driving client success that results in strong retention, referrals, and expansion opportunities for Knucklepuck. You need to be a true team player who is enthusiastic about applying your SEO expertise to share in Knucklepuck’s growth.
Qualities we look for in our Senior SEO Consultants include:
- Strong Communicator
- Strong Listener
Our most successful Senior SEO Consultants are:
- Committed to embracing our Core Values of Accountability, Integrity, and Empathy, practicing these daily
- Experienced digital marketers, with at least 3 years of SEO and account management experience
- Knowledgeable of on-page and technical SEO best practices, including keyword research, content optimization, internal linking, and information architecture
- Results-focused with an emphasis on execution to ensure Knucklepuck implements tactical action items that drive our SEO strategies forward
- Strong communicators with an ability to coordinate effectively between Knucklepuck and our SEO clients.
- Detail-oriented and organized to help manage tasks, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative problem-solvers and strategic thinkers with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities while still maintaining progress toward strategic objectives
- Passionate about the digital space and how search engines connect businesses and consumers online
- Familiar with Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Drive
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing Knucklepuck’s SEO clients. This includes producing and executing project plans, running client meetings, delegating tasks to support team members, and managing expectations internally and externally. This is a client-facing role
- Supporting fellow SEO Consultants and Project Managers on larger projects, including strategic deliverables on Discovery projects and reporting
- Capturing feedback and action items from client meetings to document next steps in Knucklepuck project management system (Wrike)
- Conducting audits of current client’s digital footprint and use insights to drive ongoing SEO strategy and site improvements
- Advising clients and fellow team members on SEO best practices for performing keyword research, optimizing metadata, and developing other on-page SEO recommendations
- Effectively communicating technical SEO action items with web developers and other points of contact to ensure proper implementation of recommendations
- Researching competitors to determine additional strategic SEO opportunities based on industry trends
- Acting as a thought leader and keep clients and fellow team members up to date on new trends, algorithms, and SEO tactics
- Using insights from client analytics to inform ongoing strategy and to proactively pivot based on SEO performance
- Assisting Junior team members complete their 180-day training program through training demonstrations, feedback, and hands-ons on assignments
It would be great if you have:
- Agency experience
- Published SEO thought leadership
- Familiarity with web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, GA4, Google Tag Manager) and opportunity analysis tools (e.g. Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush, Screaming Frog)
- Google Analytics Certification, Google Ads Certification, Bing Ads Certification. Training materials are freely available and there is no cost to complete these certifications
- Experience with WordPress and/or website development
Knucklepuck thrives on growth from within. This role will serve an integral part of our marketing team and be afforded significant growth opportunities across the organization.
Knucklepuck understands that each of our team members have unique strengths, which is why we offer a variety of vertical and horizontal growth paths to our employees. Knucklepuck has both management and individual contributor roles which allow us to nurture your greatest potential within the company.
Base salary is $80k USD.
At Knucklepuck, you will receive the following benefits.
- 15 days of PTO (increases after 3yrs); unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- $1,800/yr culture bonus (paid quarterly) to be used for office updates, wellness, nutrition, or whatever will help you improve your work-life balance
- 401k with 4% company match
- Flexible work hours
- Provided Macbook and other essential WFH equipment
- Contributions toward a competitive medical plan, including dental and vision
- Peer-to-peer coaching program
- Virtual teambuilding events throughout the year (ex. cooking class, escape room, trivia) not to mention the occasional holiday gift or treat
- Annual company retreat and other in-person events (ex. concerts, sporting events, city-wide scavenger hunts)
- Brettgammon. Ask us about it 😉
- Knucklepuck gear, stickers, and more!
- Startup business mentality: personal growth potential, career advancement and the opportunity to make meaningful impact on Knucklepuck’s growth
Our Commitment to Diversity of Thought
As part of our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, we welcome all applicants, regardless of race, age, color, religion, national origin, sex, ability, or gender identity. We encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) as well as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQ+) to apply.
We want to meet our military veterans and full-time parents looking to re-enter the workforce. We welcome those with public and private sector backgrounds.
We have no roles at Knucklepuck that require a college degree.
We are privileged to work in an industry that requires no formal education and we feel compelled to use our position as a growing company to provide opportunities for under-represented groups.
Resumes Not Accepted
When you apply, we only have one rule: no resumes or cover letters. We know these are time consuming to put together (and time consuming to review). We also recognize that higher education institutions train their students how to write resumes to present an overly favorable impression of a person’s skills. This gives an unfair advantage to those who attended college or were fortunate enough to pursue professional development over providing for themselves or their family.
We believe it is most important to evaluate how you will contribute as our Senior SEO Consultant. Our application process is precisely tailored with questions that give you an opportunity to tell us (in your own words) how you will contribute in this role.
Everyone has life experience that informs your worldview and we strive to eliminate factors that could trigger bias based on location, education, race, gender, and personal life circumstances.
We consider candidates based on your ability to do the job we’re hiring for, not the jobs you had before. Our interview process is designed for you to show us why you are the right fit for Knucklepuck and how your skills will help us achieve our goals.
How do you apply?
If our Senior SEO Consultant position feels like a good fit, APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE and show us what you got!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- How soon can you start?
- Why do you want to work at Knucklepuck?
- What relevant experience do you have that will make you successful in this role?
- Do you have a personal website? If yes, please include the URL.
- What makes an SEO campaign successful?
- How do you approach on-page SEO?
- Describe your experience in technical SEO.
- What would you consider to be your biggest accomplishment as an SEO? What was your strategy to produce the successful outcomes?
- What is your first impression of our website? What would you change?
- Which of our Core Values resonates with you the most? Why?
- As part of our commitment to diversity of thought, Knucklepuck is looking for a Senior SEO Consultant with unique life experiences that can broaden our perspective and approach to SEO. What unique life experiences do you have that contribute to our diversity of thought?
- Is there anything else you would like us to know about you?
- Google Analytics Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote