Full Job Description
Senior Paid Social Strategist – Remote
Team: Client Services
Reporting to: Group Account Director
Estimated Start: August 2022
Location: Anywhere, Canada OR Anywhere, US
Work Authorization: This role is open to US or Canadian Citizens/Permanent Residents and non-citizens allowed to work for any US or Canadian employer. We are unable to sponsor any work authorizations for this role.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a data-driven paid social enthusiast to join our team! As a Senior Paid Social Strategist, you will work closely with clients and your team to ensure that stakeholders’ paid social goals are not only met, but exceeded-and within budget! As a paid social leader, you will serve as a point person for clients and as a mentor to your direct reports.
So, tell me about the company
Brainlabs is on a mission to build the biggest digital-first media agency in the world.
We hire the top talent in the industry and give them the right training, tools and culture to do the best work of their career.
As one of the world’s leading independent agencies, our agility and client-centricity allows us to win for clients.
To learn more about what it’s like to be a Brainlabber, check out our company handbook.
What this job is:
- Varied: No two days are exactly alike!
- Data-driven: You will perform data analysis and make recommendations from that numeric evidence!
- FUN! Brainlabs fosters an environment where geeking out, laughing, and sharing knowledge are the name of the game
What this job isn’t:
- Boring. Every task for a client presents new opportunities to learn!
- Stagnant. There is so much room for growth at Brainlabs, and we regularly promote current Brainlabbers in order to grow to scale!
Give me a breakdown of what a Senior Paid Social Strategist at Brainlabs does:
Client Management Responsibilities:
- Ensuring accounts are aligned to Brainlabs Social Best Practices
- Paid social lead on assigned enterprise-level client accounts
- Ensure budgets, optimizations, and performance are executed and aligned with client goals
- Recognize and proactively manage performance or relationship issues, including by not limited to client contact changes, missed goals, and flat or negative growth
- Prepare and present integrating marketing strategies for clients, including cross-sell opportunities
- Perform regular analyses and make data-driven recommendations, following our ‘test and learn’ methodology
- Lead deck creation for paid social pitches and presentations, including business reviews
- Communicate client performance regularly and ensure we fulfill on client contracts and promised strategy
- Lead paid social portion of client meetings, preferably via video conference – prepare the agenda and ensure we take notes
- Implement & use Brainlabs’ tools on all accounts where applicable
- Prioritize and respond to client emails/calls in a timely manner
- Build out campaigns and implement QA checks on relevant digital marketing platforms
- Manage up to 3 direct reports and mentor indirect reports utilizing a strengths-based coaching approach
- Models strong leadership including alignment to company priorities and philosophies, effective stress and emotional self-management, as well as a positive and patient demeanor with the team
- Mentor to team members working on assigned clients providing training and shadowing opportunities and participating in the new hire training program
- Cultivates an atmosphere that embraces diversity and inclusion within the team and agency
- Actively participate in wider company initiatives including, but not limited to new business pitches and internal marketing efforts
What we really want:
- A team player with a passion for data analysis and search engine optimization!
What particular set of skills would suit this role?
- Demonstrated proficiency of paid social platforms, with a mastery of Facebook Ads Manager and experience running in at least two additional platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, Pinterest, Twitch, Reddit)
- Proven organizational, project, and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally, with the ability to provide actionable insights for all levels of an organization
- Possess keen critical thinking and analytical skills
- Proven skills with Microsoft Office and/or Google Business Apps, especially Excel or Google Sheets
- Demonstrate alignment to our company values
- Minimum of 4-5 years hands-on experience planning and buying paid social campaigns with monthly investments between fifty-thousand to hundred-thousand dollars a month
- Minimum of 2-year client-facing experience
- Google Analytics and Facebook Blueprint Certified
- Four-year degree in any field
- Previous agency experience
How will I know I’m doing it right?
- Demonstrates leadership attributes through projects
- Possesses time management and organizational skills;
- Thinks critically and solves problems
- Manipulates large databases within Microsoft Excel comfortably
- A self-starter, takes initiative
- A strong writer and communicator
- Able to actively seek out and implement feedback
- A hyper detailed oriented individual
- A desire to be nimble and flexible to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- A strong team player, willing to roll up your sleeves
- A business mature individual who exudes professionalism and respect
- Committed to the success of your team
- A supporter of and advocate for diversity, equity and inclusion
What happens next
We know searching for a job is tough and that you want to find the best career and employer for you. We also want to ensure that this position is the best fit for both you and us. Therefore, you will participate in a comprehensive interview process that includes skills interviews with our team. The goal of this process is to allow you to get to know us as we learn more about you.
Brainlabs actively seeks and encourages applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and identities.
Thank you for your interest in Brainlabs! We look forward to getting to know you!
When you apply to work at Brainlabs, we may use your application data to make employment decisions, but your data will not be distributed or used elsewhere unless you are hired as an employee. All applications ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal data. However, you have the right to withdraw your information at any point by reaching out to [email protected].