Full Job Description
We’re a dynamic digital marketing agency looking for an experienced concept Copywriter with 2-4 years of experience who can drive social and digital ad copywriting for some of our agency’s top brands. You’ll work with our award-winning creative team to create digital ad campaign content, including social ads, storyboarding and scripting, and landing page messaging. We’re looking for big thinkers who work fast, independently, and can change gears quickly. The ideal candidate can write great headlines, concept strong promotional campaigns, and has intimate knowledge of social media landscape and contexts.
- Collaborate with clients, account managers, designers, strategists, and media planners to plan and produce impactful, purpose-driven performance creative including social media content and ads (still, video and motion) as well as digital ads (still, video and motion) grounded in a thorough understanding of best practices for intended medium
- Develop ad copy including text overlays, post captions, calls to action, etc. in collaboration with designers and creative directors
- Develop motion and video storyboards and scripts extending campaign messaging into longer-form stories, working in collaboration with creative directors, producers, and designers
- Copy review, editing and proofing, including detailed and thoughtful oversight of external copywriting resources to execute ongoing copywriting engagements
- Collaborate with creative, marketing and media teams to help define and execute concept direction and experience strategy
- Collaborate with social and media teams in creative performance reviews to identify and execute regular performance improvement opportunities in social and digital content
- Understand and evolve brand style guides into social-specific ads, content and communication strategies
- Evaluate client and competitive digital landscapes, identifying opportunities for unique messaging of client value propositions and emotional benefits
- Support creative brief development and expansion as needed
- Confidently present your work/messaging explorations with clear reasoning and intention to internal and external team members
- Communicate project status, needs, and progress effectively with collaborating team members from project start through delivery
- Work with Creative Directors to support development of voice, style and tone guidelines for content across all departments, as needed
- 2-4 years of creative copywriting experience (digital agency experience is not required, but being able to produce and iterate fast is key)
- Demonstrated ability to adjust own copywriting tone, style, purpose, and construction as needed based on context, audience and brand voice
- Demonstrated ability to edit copy to support distinct brand voices, messaging goals, audiences, and overall flow/clarity
- Fluency in current and evolving social media conventions and vernacular
- Understanding (or willingness to learn) AP writing standards for web, strong proofreading skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Impeccable project management and organization skills, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and stakeholders
- Drive and willingness to be hands-on with ownership of work
- Team player with the confidence and follow-through to earn client and internal team confidence quickly
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Culture, Benefits & Perks:
- Award-winning company culture. We offer flexible work schedules, summer Fridays, and unlimited paid vacation time
- Amazing teammates. We hire exceptional talent based on our core values and collective culture.
- Ability to make an impact. Our creative team is highly collaborative, with all members getting visibility with senior management
- Competitive salary and great benefits
- Employer matched 401-K, paid parental leave, wellness events, weekly fitness classes, fun social events, mindfulness sessions, and more!
Why Work with Amsive Digital?
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is important to us)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on-your-toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
- You want to work for a company that values diversity, equity and inclusion
About Amsive Digital
Amsive Digital is a leading digital + search marketing agency providing results-oriented solutions for national, regional & local business clients.
We’re a great place to work! We were named one of Advertising Age’s Best Places to Work from 2016-2021, and a top-ranking Crain’s Best Place to Work in NYC for five years running.
We also deliver great work. Case in point: we’ve taken home multiple Davey Awards for our creative social work in recent years, including a 2018 Gold for Outstanding Community Building or Engagement. Our creative team has also helped us win Best Enterprise SEO Campaign award at the 2018 Search Engine Land Awards, Best Use of Search in Health honors in the 2018 US Search Awards, and Bing’s 2018 Independent Agency of the Year award with innovative creative that supports compelling consumer journey messaging.
Interested in joining our team? Apply today with your portfolio.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Amsive Digital, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call (331) 318-7800.
Amsive Digital is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a supportive and inclusive environment for all employees. It is Amsive Digital’s continuing policy to provide equal employment opportunity and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy or childbirth, marital status, national origin, ancestry or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including (but not limited to) application for employment, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and transfers, training, layoffs, rehires, termination of employment and all other terms and conditions of employment.
As part of the Company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Amsive Digital will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.