Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. For more than 160 years, Macy’s has served generations at every stage of their lives. Our customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration.
Macy’s Marketing delivers a healthy, profitable customer franchise that is growing through engagement and acquisition. Our team leads strategic initiatives such as personalization and monetization, as well as our Star Rewards Loyalty program.
Take the helm of one of the world’s most beloved brands and help bring it to life for our customers. As part of our team, you’ll own, guide, and direct marketing efforts, motivating our customers to strengthen their relationship with our brand. Constantly creating, innovating, and exploring the new, you’ll drive customer engagement and loyalty while sparking excitement.
We are looking for a hands-on search engine optimization (SEO) professional to take on a strategic role within our growing in-house SEO team.
• This position will work with the SEO Senior Manager to drive organic growth by planning and executing strategic initiatives.
• This role will work closely with merchandising, creative and technology teams across multiple business units and provide SEO guidance for site changes.
• This individual should be well versed in on-page, off-page, and technical SEO tactics for e-commerce with a thorough background in building strong relationships with various teams and managing workflows.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The ideal candidate would have excellent problem-solving skills and an expert understanding of SEO best practices to clearly and effectively articulate complex ideas to a non-SEO audience.
• Self- starter with excellent organizational, project management and time management skills.
• 3+ years experience in SEO and online marketing either in-house or at an agency/consultancy.
• Communication Skills Strong communication and presentation skills are essential in this role as well as excellent written and verbal skills.
• Related tasks include developing relationships and socializing SEO strategies across the organization.
• Data Analysis Skills Strong analytical skills are required, preferably with experience in Microsoft Excel or similar applications.
• Ability to execute on multiple projects while closely measuring each project’s impact and changing course when needed.
• Strong project management and inter-departmental coordination skills required.
• Physical Demands This position involves regular ambulating, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Involves use of hands and fingers for typing on keyboard and using a mouse.
• Other Skills Experience in SEO for Ecommerce a must.
• Highly analytical in nature; experience with Adobe Analytics preferred.
• Experience with SEO Tools & Platforms such as Screaming Frog, Botify, SEOClarity, Google Search Console etc.
• Work Hours Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• As the fastest growing part of Macy’s Inc. business, macys.com is achieving record sales and broadening our workforce.
• macys.com offers the entrepreneurial culture of a web business with the stability and support of the best brand in retailing.
• Creativity and ingenuity partner with business acumen and tech savvy to build a unique business poised for substantial growth.
• If you’re interested in being a part of that growth and want to know what it’s really like to work at macys.com, get an inside look at Our employees have long term opportunities and are encouraged to utilize their Supervisors and Human Resources for cross-functional movement to further their careers.
• At macys.com we are committed to giving back to the community by partnering with local charitable organizations.
• By skillfully combining the power of digital technology and omni-channel integration with the best in retailing, macys.com is reaching new heights.
• This job description is not all inclusive.
• Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.