Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $28.2K – $35.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Salt Lake City, UT.
Full Job Description
About Oops Technologies
Oops is making consumers’ returns simple and easy by bringing it to their front doors. Backed by some of the same investors that invested in Allbirds, Hims & Hers, & CloudFlare, we are now growing our team to scale our product while also building tools to further simplify the returns process and internal logistics management. There was $761B of merchandise returned in the US in 2021, which was a 77% year over year increase. Over half of those items never made it back to inventory resulting in around 2.8 million metric tons of CO2. Here at Oops we are turning the return experience on its head to make it more simple, convenient, & efficient so all people have to do is just “Oops-it”. Join us in revolutionizing returns.
Marketing at Oops
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Intern will play an instrumental role in testing and growing our marketing presence across digital, print, and out-of-home channels, with a focus on social media and content creation. As a lean startup, we’re constantly iterating on our messaging and creative, trying out new platforms, and dialing in our strategy.
We’re looking for a marketing intern who:
- Has a passion for social media and deep knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, and Facebook. Experience with LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, and Pinterest is a plus.
- Has experience or interest in paid social and paid search.
- Is a strong and competent writer with the ability to adopt a playful brand voice and apply it consistently across channels.
- Is as interested in the “so what” as the “what”—wants to understand the impact of our efforts and offer takeaways and ideas for improvement.
- Has a basic understanding of SEO.
- Learns quickly, works independently, and is incredibly detail-oriented while also able to see the big picture.
In this role, you will:
- Help finesse our social media strategies across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and other channels, as relevant.
- Develop and maintain our monthly social media content calendar.
- Help generate copy and content for social media, including captions, reels, TikTok videos, stories, etc.
- Help grow our social media accounts through audience engagement and strategic use of hashtags.
- Assist with the development and management of paid social and paid search campaigns.
- Assist with the creation of marketing emails.
- Help write copy for print and digital marketing materials.
- Keep a close eye on paid and organic metrics and share insights.
- Stay in-the-know about marketing trends and best practices.
- People change their minds—it’s part of being human. Our mission is to reliably make those moments easier to navigate through a better, simpler, less-tedious process of returning purchases. We save people time, energy, and wasted money so they can spend them on things they love.
- Empathy is everything: We empathize with the people who make Oops possible and aim to walk a mile in their shoes to understand their worlds.
- People, not employees: Work should complement a healthy and holistic life, not define it. Our goal is to create an environment that enables holistic living for our team.
- Build for sustainability: By improving the efficiency of consumer returns, we aim to reduce and ultimately eliminate our carbon footprint.
- We win together: Our strength as individuals enables and inspires our team. We build each other up and sink or swim together.
- Fail fast and fail often: We make rapid data-driven decisions, ship “good enough” to test hypotheses, and learn quickly from our mistakes.
- Seek simplicity: We’re disrupting clunky processes with elegant, simple solutions that are so easy, that anyone can use them.
- Authenticity breeds trust: Genuine interactions with team members, customers, and partners is the foundation of trust that powers Oops.
Oops offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and generous PTO. It is the policy of Oops to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. Oops welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact email@example.com should you require any accommodations.
Interested in Oops but worried your experience doesn’t exactly line up with what we’re looking for? We’ve seen success working with folks that have experience in any modern web stack and are open to learning.