Full Stack Application Developer, Senior Consultant – Guidehouse – Tysons Corner, VAFull Time
Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $94.3K – $119K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Tysons Corner, VA.
Full Job Description
Our Application Technology consultants provide an end to end solution offering including Application Development and Integration, Application Architecture, custom IoT and mobile solutions, User Experience, Quality Management and Testing, Business Process Management and helping clients determine the best applications for their business needs and integrate new and existing applications into their business including Mobility integration. This high performing team works with various types of technologies and software framework such as Java, .Net, iOS, HTML5, ESBs, advises on the software development life-cycle, and helps architect and develop specific applications for clients. Additionally, they assist with integration of new applications and quality management and testing.
- Hands-on role with extensive involvement in developing, implementing, operating and enhancing products. The candidate is accountable for the quality of the product delivered.
- Implements the best practices of Agile and DevSecOps to deliver quality products predictably and consistently.
- Evaluates functional/business and technical requirements and identify gaps/risks.
- Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work.
- Conducts development and testing activities using Agile and DevSecOps best practices
- Follows defined development workflows and quality processes and creates the required design and development artifacts
- Conducts peer reviews, parallel programming to
- Provides product support, product troubleshooting support and resolves product issues and defects
- In coordination with others, monitors and analyzes production performance, while looking for ways to optimize and scale existing solutions.
- Monitors product and process metrics (such as speed of delivery, quality, usability) and implements process improvements and product enhancements
- Promotes knowledge sharing activities within and across different product teams by creating and engaging in communities of practice and through documentation, training, and mentoring
- Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
- Experience with all phases of the SDLC for a data-centric web application
- Distributed application & data processing architectures knowledge
- Experience with detailed design documents
- Leveraging customer digital knowledge and analytical skills, especially as it relates to project management, project facilitation, and the development of client proposals
- Researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters, including leveraging the ability to problem-solve, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- 5+ years demonstrated experience with Microsoft or J2EE technology stack. E.g., .NET C#, VB.NET, AngularJS, Node.js, Java applications, Web Services/APIs, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Database and ETL
- Ability to develop functional web and mobile based applications
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience with RDBMS development and management, MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with ETL functions, Data Governance and Integration across heterogeneous data sets.
- Experience with ETL functions developing SSIS packages, writing T-SQL stored procedures and functions, configuring and fine-tuning MS SQL Server
- Experience with JIRA/TFS and MS Azure/AWS cloud platforms
- Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification (Azure Fundamentals, Azure Developer Associate or similar Azure certification)
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification (Associate Architect, Associate Developer or similar)
- Experience with systems design and architecture
- Experience in Agile software development
- Comprehensive understanding of UI design best practices, patterns and intuitive navigational schemes
- Collaboration with Creative team and UX designers to ensure successful implementation of functionality, usability, interface and interaction designs
- Ability to develop 508 compliant user interfaces and test for it
- Proficient understanding of cross browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-threaded, Big Data, and distributive Cloud architectures and frameworks
- Experience with Identify and Access Management (IdAM) integration for Role-based access control (RBAC) via SAML, OAUTH, OpenID is a big plus
- Experience with Microsoft Identity Services, including Active Directory Domain Services, Federation Services and associated identity management tools a plus
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
- This position is open to candidates virtually from Montana, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona or Eastern, Pacific, Central, and Aleutian time zones.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected]. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program