Full Job Description
We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
The solutions we build at ExtraHop are transforming the cybersecurity industry. ExtraHop helps the world’s leading enterprises, including Home Depot, Credit Suisse, and Caesars Entertainment, rise above the noise to secure their business in the cloud and on the ground.
We have ambitious organizational growth plans and we’re looking for people who would love to join us on this exciting journey and grow their careers at the same time. Think you have what it takes to work on one of the best teams in the industry? Read on.
We’re looking for a Contract Content Writer with exceptional writing skills, a passion for tech, and a deep understanding of the ways people find, consume, and share content online. This person will report to the Manager of Content & Customer Advocacy and collaborate with various teams and external agencies as needed in order to create a content experience that educates the marketplace about ExtraHop’s innovative, industry-leading network detection and response solutions, and motivates readers to take action. This position will be a key contributor to ExtraHop’s content-centric digital marketing strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces accurate, articulate, and compelling written content that expresses ExtraHop’s brand, our technology, and the value we provide to customers.
- Works cross-functionally with stakeholders across the marketing team and other parts of the organization to understand major campaigns, launches, and themes.
- Evaluate assets to ensure they follow the editorial strategy and support a cohesive user experience throughout the customer journey to produce strong web leads for sales
- Develops content that engages specific audiences at various stages of the buying cycle. Including but not limited to; click-worthy display ad copy, paid search ad copy, and email copy while also supporting brand awareness through longer form content including blog posts, web copy, and newsletters
- Optimizes content for SEO and SEM. Works closely with the demand generation team to ensure that content is optimized to drive engagement and demand.
- Proactively and independently develops thought-leadership content that is appropriate for the blog and outside media channels.
- Has a clear understanding of the ExtraHop value proposition, competitive differentiation, and placement in the market, and stays abreast of major trends to ensure that content stays fresh and relevant.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Exceptional writing skills and a proven ability to convey complex topics in a digestible manner
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications from a four-year college or university or equivalent combination of work experience
- Must have 5 years or more of writing experience as part of work experience
- Must provide a portfolio consisting of a variety of content output upon request; examples of display ad and other lead generating copy required
- Must have excellent communication and project management skills
- Must have outstanding project management skills; knowledge of Asana or similar project management tools preferred.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, other measurement tools, and basic HTML preferred
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing is a major plus #LI-TF1
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
We offer compelling benefits* to our employees, including:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
We are equally committed to equal employment opportunity, and it is foundational to how we recruit and hire our talented team. Employment is determined based upon capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including potential pregnancy, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability , HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Our people are our most important competitive advantage, leading the charge against nation-states, cyber criminals, and insider threats.
Ready to join us? #Extrahop #Security #NDR #informationsecurity #cybersecurity #cloudsecurity #infosec #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-Onsite
Job Type: Contract