Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $87.4K – $111K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Remote.
Full Job Description
Wpromote is seeking a motivated, impassioned and enthusiastic leader for our Content Development team. As the leading performance marketing agency, we are looking for a Director of Content Development who can imbue a growth-focused mindset into our editorial program.
At Wpromote, we believe that great work is only possible with great people. Our goal is to build a better, more inclusive work environment and support our people at every stage of their careers by prioritizing a strong work-life balance through policies like unlimited PTO, half-day Fridays year round, flexible schedules, work from anywhere options, 100% paid parental leave, and 401(k) matching. As a Best Place to Work according to both Ad Age and Glassdoor and Adweek’s Fastest Growing Digital Agency, we are moving fast to expand our teams and bring new experts into the fold to keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in marketing.
- If you reside in Colorado, please follow this link to view Colorado compensation information and apply for this role. Residents of all other states are encouraged to apply to this posting. Compensation packages for employees and applicants outside Colorado may differ from the Colorado compensation information and are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate and location, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, education and certifications, and geographic location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.
**This position may be performed remotely in most states within the US, with some exclusions
***This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
You Will Be
- Leading and scaling a Content Development service channel that drives Growth Marketing results
- Managing a robust Content Development service offering for Earned Media channels, including SEO and Content Marketing
- Defining our Performance Content service offering for Paid Media channels, including Paid Social, Paid Search, Programmatic, Amazon & Email marketing clients
- Evolving our operational infrastructure, including pricing, service deliverables, and department processes and operations
- Responsible for managing an in-house editing and copywriting team in different offices, as well as a robust network of contract writers
- Translating content strategies into performance focused copy, and adapting client brand guidelines into audience-specific messaging aligned with channel best practices
- Generating buy-in on content concepts in partnership with Content Marketing to sell in Content Development retainers and projects
- Supporting a close and productive working relationship between Content Development and Content Marketing, in which the editorial team strategically incorporates performance insights into content creation and iteration
- Ensuring the Content Development team creates quality content that aligns with client brand guidelines while adhering to performance content best practices
- Overseeing content production timelines to ensure we are meeting client deliverables
- Expanding the service offering beyond SEO and Content Marketing to Paid Media, Email and Emerging Digital programs
- Identifying opportunities to improve the efficiency and profitability of our Content Development service through in-house automation solutions, third-party platforms, or contractor networks
- Monitoring and tracking the overall client growth for the portfolio utilizing Content Development and defining best practices
- Maintaining top Content Development client relationships with semi-regular leadership check-ins
- Closely monitoring team objectives, bandwidth, and morale, and using them to guide decision-making and department planning
- Anticipating the needs of Earned Media and Content Marketing leadership and providing concise, actionable information on account opportunities, account obstacles and direct reports
You Must Have
- 3+ years of experience managing end to end content production for digital advertising and marketing – from ideation through planning, creation, execution and quality assurance.
- 2+ years managing junior copywriters and editors throughout the full ideation, production and editing process.
- 2+ years owning and managing client relationships to meet content deliverables.
- Knowledge of digital platforms and performance content strategies across platforms.
- Advanced editorial judgment, including an intuitive understanding of quality across verticals and formats.
- Experience leading content planning and execution across integrated teams.
- A background with training, developing, and managing editorial talent to improve their pace of delivery, sense of autonomy and ownership of meeting client deliverables and understanding of digital marketing platforms and performance analysis.
- Expertise in crafting department priorities and roadmap, holding the team, remote employees, freelancers and third party tech/partnership providers accountable to deadlines and deliverables necessary to achieve company goals.
- The ability to step in and do copywriting and editing work in the event that one of your direct reports cannot fulfill a deliverable due to unexpected circumstances.
Wpromote is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
- Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Wpromote.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.