Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $59.3K – $75.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Remote.
Full Job Description
GBH enriches people’s lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
NOVA is the most popular primetime science series on American television, demystifying the scientific and technological concepts that shape and define our lives, our planet, and our universe. The PBS series is also one of the most widely distributed science programs around the world, and is a multimedia, multiplatform brand reaching more than 55 million Americans every year on TV and online. NOVA’s important and inspiring stories of human ingenuity, exploration, and the quest for knowledge are regularly recognized with the industry’s most prestigious awards. As part of its mission to make the scientific enterprise accessible to all, NOVA is committed to diversity and inclusion in all its work, from the production process to the range of stories we tell and voices we feature. In addition, science educators across the country rely on NOVA for resources used in the classroom as well as in museums, libraries, and after-school programs. NOVA is a production of WGBH Boston; more information can be found at pbs.org/nova
, or by following NOVA on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
As the Audience Development Manager, you bring a data-driven mindset and deep editorial expertise to growing the NOVA audience across multiple platforms. You love helping media brands adapt to a digital landscape and grow to reach new audiences, and you stay up-to-date on the latest audience development strategies. You are a flexible, creative thinker who loves to experiment, iterates quickly and is constantly looking for ways to serve the audience more effectively.
In this role, you will manage strategy and execution for NOVA’s newsletters, editorial SEO, and YouTube channel, and you will help support our social media efforts, as needed.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Brand Marketing and Audience Development.
- Develop editorial SEO strategy; optimize SEO for written and video content; identify opportunities to grow SEO traffic and improve rankings
- Write SEO headlines and metadata for the website and YouTube
- Manage NOVA’s YouTube channel and identify strategic opportunities for audience growth
- Write and optimize YouTube headlines and copy
- Write twice-weekly email newsletter; implement rigorous testing and optimization
- Develop and implement a strategy to grow NOVA’s newsletter audience; refine and expand NOVA’s email strategy
- Manage analytics and reporting for SEO, newsletter, YouTube, and all social platforms
- Support social media efforts and expansion on emerging platforms, as needed
- Support development and production of projects related to audience development or emerging platforms, as needed
- Mentor and advise PBS stations regarding social media and audience development growth and strategy as required under NOVA Tentpole Projects
Qualified candidates will have experience developing audiences across existing and emerging platforms, preferably for a media organization. Strong writing and communication skills are essential. Must be adaptable, creative, highly organized, and able to prioritize tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Candidates must possess careful attention to detail, adherence to journalistic accuracy, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably at a media organization
- Proven experience using data and editorial judgment to optimize content and growth strategies for newsletters, SEO, and YouTube
- Proven experience developing content strategies for social media that drive growth and engagement
- Experience balancing short- and long-term responsibilities and working quickly under tight deadlines when necessary
- The ability to write clean, clear copy that demonstrates a strong understanding of brand voice and platform conventions
- Experience working in a CMS
- Experience using analytics and social/newsletter publishing tools (NOVA uses Google Analytics, Sprout, and Iterable)
- Interest in science and/or knowledge of basic science reporting principles preferred
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to [email protected]
or by calling 617-300-2000.
Job Type: Full-time