The People of Southwest Airlines come together to deliver on our Purpose, which is to connect People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. The Associate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) & Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Consultant invests in the future of Southwest’s People in their work leveraging Customer knowledge and insights in order to identify the best way to reach current and potential Customers across all paid media and organic search channels. This role will collaboratively partner with Paid Media Consultants and stakeholders throughout the Company (including the Strategy, Campaign Project Management, Brand, WCM, Owned Communications, Analytics, Travel Products, and Digital Experience, and more Teams throughout the Marketing Department) in order to optimize Customer-facing paid media channels. The Associate SEO & SEM Consultant is passionate about connecting with our People, internally and externally, and championing success in the SEO and SEM space. They’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in their expertise each day and pilot the future of Southwest Airlines.
- The culture of Southwest Airlines means we embrace a flexible workplace and value the camaraderie, collaboration, and innovation that occurs when we come together and interact face-to-face at our vibrant Corporate Campus. This role is a hybrid position based out of our Corporate Campus in Dallas, TX, which requires Employees to work onsite on our Corporate Campus at least three days a week. The Department designates the specific three days of the week Employees must work on-site.
- U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. is required, and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
- Accountable for delivering efficient and effective results in both paid and organic search, maximizing return on investment and reducing cannibalization/friction between channels. Supports campaign-wide optimization recommendations and enhancements with a continued focus on improving CPS efficiencies, driving audience-first personalization strategies, analyzing ongoing campaign/channel performance and expanding cross-channel integration of performance content.
- Support organic and paid search efforts pertaining to Southwest Airlines and various lines of business; support testing efforts to improve our digital sophistication
- Provide direction to agency for recommendations and adjustments
- Track, report and analyze website analytics and PPC initiatives and campaigns
- Provide guidance and support for the SEO agency to develop and implement best practices for SEO to drive organic search, reducing friction between paid and organic searches; optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing; ensure that SEO best practices are properly implemented, working closely with cross-functional SEO core team
- Lead work with technology teams to enhance Southwest pages both for refresh and new builds, ensuring technical aspects are built to pick up organic keywords
- Lead A/B testing strategies in search to identify test parameters and performance-based KPIs, monitor ongoing performance, identify next step actions, and implement changes
- Support paid search strategies across various lines of business and maintain accountability as a subject matter expert, steering conversations
- Support and coordinate with SEO/SEM Consultant, SEO and performance content partners and ensure they are consistently driving incremental value for the business by prioritizing projects based on business needs and executing quality work
- Monitoring various media search budgets with a pulse on how they interact with other channels
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders
- Proficient storytelling and communication skills required to articulate complexities of search in a simplified and compelling manner to internal stakeholders and leaders
- Mobile-first mindset
- Knowledge of the search space, partners who are in the space and how search functions on the back-end
- Knowledge of the interplay between SEO and SEM and balance spending
- Skilled in being a strategic thinker with the ability to drive process improvement and see the bigger picture
- Skilled in mathematics, analytics, and problem solving
- Skilled in utilizing Microsoft Office
- Ability to multitask while prioritizing effectively and hitting promised deadlines
- Ability to serve as a trusted resource to assist Employees and other departments in understanding Media and Marketing, driving current initiatives, and designing methodology for project/initiative delivery
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Intermediate level experience, fully functioning broad knowledge in:
- Search (SEO/SEM)
- Paid media
- Preferred: Experience at a paid media agency, specifically focused on the SEO/SEM space
- Preferred: Experience working on a variety of different projects/campaigns at once
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive market salary from $76,500 to $85,000 per year* depending on qualifications and experience. For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the company.
*Pay amount doesn’t guarantee employment for any particular period of time
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won’t be available after you apply.